Something interesting your cat does - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Something interesting your cat does

What are some of the interesting behavior your cat have that makes you or someone laugh. I haven't noticed this until hubby saw and laughed, maybe cos I have been doing it day in and day out and thinks nothing of it. Hubby had been telling his friends about this behavior that makes his friends chuckle too.

1. I usually start brushing ET's teeth on his right first, then I will dab more toothpaste for his left. After brushing his right side, he will turn his head towards his right so I can brush his left teeth.

2. I have always layed newspaper on the floor when grooming ET, since day 1. So, each time I lay the newspaper on the floor for whatever reason, ET will walk in and sit on the newspaper waiting to be groomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Premier Cat

Wow! That is one well trained kitty!! I can't think of ANYTHING interesting any of my cats do. I guess I have a boring bunch! I do have a Velcro foster kitten that will climb on my shoulder and face forward as soon as I sit down and rub my ears and cheek with hers. She will then work her way around to my nose and mouth and rub them then gently put her teeth on my nose and lips. It's quite charming but frankly gets a bit old after about 15 minutes of this. It's just TOO much! She is such a lover but frankly I'm kinda glad she is gone Wednesday. It's like having a super clingy boyfriend I guess. I can't sit down without her sucking all the oxygen out of the Happy Room visits! I'll let her new momma have all the fun!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Premier Cat

i can put any form of paper anywhere on the floor and all 3 will gravitate towards it and sit on it. A paperbag is like gold in this house. Not just for playing IN but for sitting ON.

The toaster oven. I heat up their food in the toaster/convection oven for 30 minutes on 90 degrees. The minute it BINGS the entire apartment gets thrown into chaos. They come running (and yelling) from all directions.

Neelix knows that when I scrape a plate clean (terrible etiquette I know, but it's only when I'm alone) that they get to lick the plate. So as soon as I start scraping he gets more and more crazy. Like I'm going to scrape up all the good stuff and they won't get any. Silverware against china.... brings everyone running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Jr. Cat

Things cats do

Have you guys noticed that, given the choice between laying on something or laying on nothing, cats will choose the something every time. Even if its way more uncomfortable than the nothing. If I can't find my hairbrush or my eyeglasses, I always check under the cats.
I've also noticed that cats can't resist the pointing finger. If you stick your pointer finger at them, they're compelled to touch it with their nose. This trait is so universal that I use it to start making friends with ferals.
Cats. They're so weird!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Premier Cat

We do the nose touch too! Every single time say "schmerp".

I think of it as our little family fistbump..
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Senior Cat

Leelu shakes a paw for a treat, makes everyone laugh.
When I lie on the couch she comes near me, yells/meows at me to stretch my legs so she can jump in my lap and then I make a kissing sound and she head bumps my lips before lying down. Too cute. She never does this when people are around though, just when it's couch time for us alone. Lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Jr. Cat

Head bumps are the best! Bubba Boo is my head bumper. Mostly when he thinks it's time to eat. His bony head can be painful if I don't wake fast enough to suit him in the morning.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Cat

I guess I'm not the only one with a 'head bumper!' Not only does my boy like to smack my face with his, but he also loves to rub my nose with his nose. He's also got a bit of a reputation for sneaking into my guest room when I have anyone staying overnight, and licking their noses while they are asleep. He's got a thing for noses.

My girl Sky is a shoulder-rider. She cries to be picked up or will jump up into my arms and then climb onto my shoulder. She then either just rides around purring or buries her face in my neck. This is all accompanied by numerous little squeaks.

I second the 'cats are weird' comment!
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 04:30 AM
Cat

Loki is a very talkative cat but he only really talks a lot with me.

We had a scare today because my BF couldn't find Loki anywhere, I wasn't too worried because our house is pretty secure so I let him run around and check all the places he usually hides. After 15 mins he comes back to me quite worried because he can't find Loki and thinks he must of slipped outside.

I finally pull myself away from my work and go out to have a look for him. I singsong his name twice and on the second one I hear this little "mrew" from upstairs. My guests find it adorable that he talks back to me whenever I call

Loki also has a habit of climbing into beds in the morning, doesn't matter whose. So when our guests stayed here they commented that Loki was waking them up in the morning. Rather than seal off their room to him (which was his room before they came) I just told them that he was trying to tell them he wanted to snuggle with them!

So instructed them to just lift the blanket and he would crawl straight under and sleep. So they tried it the next morning and were quite amazed when he snuggled in between them for a nap!

Loki is also a shoulder rider, Skyrun, he loves the highest spot in the room!

Loki: Blue point Devon Rex
Freyja: My flame and blue Devon Rex
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Neelix knows that when I scrape a plate clean (terrible etiquette I know, but it's only when I'm alone) that they get to lick the plate. So as soon as I start scraping he gets more and more crazy. Like I'm going to scrape up all the good stuff and they won't get any. .
A tad off topic, but my brother and I used to go nuts when my mom would scrape the cake batter or frosting batter bowls with a spoon! We just KNEW there would be plenty of yummy goodness left in that bowl for us to share! Our saddest day came when she bought one of those flexible spatulas and got most of the yummy stuff out of the bowl and into the cake pan.

I've not quite gotten over it. sniff.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page