How to share yourself? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

How to share yourself?

Some of you have many cats and I only have two - but two that only tolerate each other and don't like to be around one another. Now that it is chilly, only one will be near me. Blanco prevails so mama is on my lap and Blanco jumps up and away goes mama. I feel bad. How do your cats share your lap and you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Premier Cat

Pretty much the same. Coco gets jealous when Lacey is on my lap and will ambush her out of the blue causing me to scream in surprise which scares the daylights out of everyone - peace is shattered when that happens. Maddie has given up trying to snuggle with me because of Coco - who rarely sits on my lap but certainly does not want anyone else on there either.

Jack has NEVER sat on anyone's lap, Phoebe and Polly love daddy. Bottom line is my lap is underutilized most of the time except when I'm in the Happy foster room. There I can have 7 or 8 on my lap at any given time! =D

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Premier Cat

MowMow WON'T be near me when Neelix is. I try to give each cat private one on one time with me each day.

MowMow and I usually cuddle in the mornings before I get up. He gets serious one on one mommy snuzzle time for however long between when he wakes me with kisses to when my alarm goes off. Somedays it's an hour.. some days it's 10 minutes. We cuddle again at night before sleep. However long it takes me to fall asleep.

Book and Neelix are OK with each other. They get pet together but they also get some one on one time each day. Just pets and loves for them. Normally when I get home and am waiting for their food to warm up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It was 60 degrees in my house and colder outside this morning. I was laying in bed and Mama came on my lap. Minutes later Blanco came in and jumped up. To my surprise Mama wasn't going anywhere so Blanco laid on my chest literally against my neck and they both stayed there. It was lovely but eventually I wanted to get up! If they only could be like this with each other a lot more.....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Premier Cat

Maybe he's reaching an age he's starting to mellow? that would be nice.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yes. I think I will continue to keep my house cold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page