We had an awesome affection milestone today! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Smile We had an awesome affection milestone today!

Jasper is my 4 month old Himalayan kitten .. I'm sure some of you have seen some of my posts about him before. As a new cat owner with a little kitten, we can't get enough of all the awesome knowledge on this forum

Anyways, like a lot of kittens he's usually far too busy with important things like chasing catnip mice, climbing on my flatscreen/MacBook, and/or playing with one of the myriad of toys I've bought for him to have any time for snuggles! He goes limp like a ragdoll (were they bred from Himmies? I swear they look so similar too) when you pick him up, which I do semi-frequently to acclimate him to the concept. He'll usually meow politely when he wants down. It's cute. When he's sleepy he loves to have his chin and head scratched and will purr and headbutt like crazy if I walk over to wherever he's lying

Prior to today, though, I've always been the instigator of our cuddling sessions! So imagine my surprise when I was awoken this morning by a series of very intense headbutts from a fluffy purr machine! He kept nudging my face and hands and sticking his chin straight up in the air, which is his way of saying 'I want my chin scratched ASAP!' This continued for about twenty minutes of pure kittylove bliss! It's like he just figured out how to ask for snuggles haha it's so gratifying after taking care of him for about two months now to see him comfortable enough to come seek out some cuddling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Premier Cat

Awww! Pure heaven, huh? The things they do that make our heart just melt!! Congratulations on reaching this milestone!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thank you!

I am extremely happy to report this has not been a one time occurrence either! I was just sitting on my couch talking with two of my friends when he trotted up, hopped in my lap, and started mashing his head into me, purring, and licking my face the fact that we had a particularly long session with 'Da Bird' right before that may have had something to do with it haha

It's like suddenly his affectionate behavior switch got flicked on! This is my first ever cat (and pet that I'm supporting on my own), as I'm sure I've mentioned, so all of this is particularly gratifying to experience!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Cat

Congrats! The affection milestones are so special. I was over the moon the first time mine climbed into my lap. Jasper is a gorgeous kitty!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Cool Cat

Aww! What a lovebug!!! Enjoy the loving!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

He's such a good kitty was woken same display of lovin' today! So cute

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Premier Cat

That is wonderful.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Cat Addict

How lovely. Nothing beats those moments
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Cat

Congratulations! It's great when they seek you out! Pretty soon he will be doing it all the time!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks for the shared sentiment everyone! I am happy to report that my little baby Himalayan fluff is becoming quite the lovebug. He's woken me for snuggles before his first meal consistently, and is becoming demonstrably more trusting and affectionate in general! I'm happy the fluff feels comfortable enough with me to do so. He's such a great little kitten.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page