Cat Attacking My Feet.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cat Attacking My Feet....

Gracie is a young cat, bought her in May and she's just had her first Thanksgiving with us. She's also one of the more aggressive cats we've owned...we've had several. For whatever reason, she walks up to my father when he's sitting watching TV and just attacks his feet/ankles and starts biting. I just walked across the room and she attacked my feet, biting and just wouldn't stop. Why is she doing this? It's not funny at this point because it's unprovoked and we've never had a cat behave like this so we don't know what the issue is. Can anyone comment on this and how to stop it?

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Kitten

Hi Mastrogiacomo...I have a 9 month old Tabby and he does the same thing. Not all the time but if I'm walking around the house he will sneek up and bite my ankles. He only does it to me. My husband he never does it too. I am not sure why either but sometimes it hurts. Good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Banned

So what have you done to address Gracie's issues and drain off her excess energy since you made the last thread like this 6 months ago? For instance, how much interactive one on one play time does she get daily?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Laura!
I also just did a fast cruise through your other threads...
And so much that was suggested then, is still good advice!
That Gracie is going after moving targets....feet, (even if your dad is just sitting, he'll still be moving his feet some), tells me she is BORED and dying for some play, and not just five minutes worth!! You want her panting from the play!
She is still very young with LOTS of energy to burn off!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I play her everyday. I bought some cat toys - which she sometimes will touch...and I got a red laser toy which she loves. We play with that the most and she goes nuts over it. (My senior cat could care less for it - he likes the balls). After we play with that for a while, I notice she settles down - where ever - and sleeps. Still she'll attack my father more than once and hurt him and then shifts and goes after me. Since we do play, I'm not sure what more I need to do to convince her that she's being too rough.

Laura
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Premier Cat

Kittens can take a tremendous amount of energy and time. THIS is why I prefer seniors and older adults. My 7 month old foster failure Polly is living proof of why I should always stick with seniors. I realize this is not helpful for you now, but play is the only thing that will divert Gracie's energy and allow her to seek and destroy that prey. You must burn off that energy. As many as 5 play sessions of 15 minutes each a day at a minimum. More if you can. Perhaps you can get dad involved in this too. From his chair he can use a wand toy with a feather on the end n (Da Bird makes an excellent one) to make her run all around or buy a second laser pointer for him.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page