Toys for when you are away - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
Toys for when you are away

I am going away for the holidays (7 days). Now that Stella is an only cat (since Tessie passed away last week) I am worried that she will be VERY lonely while I'm gone. I am having someone come over at least once a day to feed her, clean the box and play with her. This is the best I can do...
I am on the hunt for some kind of toy that will keep her occupied while I am away. Like for an example a laser pointer that automatically goes on during the day, something that will shut off when not being used but will come on randomly during the day.
I feel so bad for her, I want to make sure I do what ever I can before I leave to make her more comfortable while I'm gone.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Cat Addict

How bout treat puzzle toys? The kind where she has to figure out how to get the treat out. The focus would keep her mind occupied. Of course, I don't know how much Stella likes treats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat face View Post
How bout treat puzzle toys? The kind where she has to figure out how to get the treat out. The focus would keep her mind occupied. Of course, I don't know how much Stella likes treats.
Stella LOVES treats, she is a little piggy lol
I actually have one of these but she always ends up knocking it under the couch!

I was kind of hoping there was a toy out there that I could set times for it to go on and off (kind of like an automatic feeder).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Cat

Frolicat makes several interactive toys including laser pointers, but I don't think the laser pointers work without someone to push the button. They do make an interactive automated teaser toy on a stand, but I've found that it doesn't work very well for my cats (they pull the whole stand onto the floor).

Categories makes an automated teaser toy as well. I've just purchased one but I haven't used it yet, as it's a Christmas present for one of my cats. Here's a link to it at petco, so you can check it out:

Categories Pouncing Action Zany Ball Cat Toy at PETCO
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Cat Addict

What about just the ball on the circular track??? My cats LOVE this toy. It keeps them busy for hours. They have simple ones like mone just a circle track with a scratcher or they have more elaborate ones. I tell you...the BEST toy I ever bought

Please be careful with the lazer toys...they can get it in their eye in the automated models.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I ended up buying this...

She LOVES it, lol! My hope is she doesn't loose interest to fast... The ball lights up in the track.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Cat Addict

ahhh, I just wanna run my fingers through that downey fur! How can ya not love that face?!

Is there anyway you might be able to spray cat nip spray on the ball and put it back in? That might help keep her interest in it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Catnip spray, that's a good idea. I'll have to go out and get some tomorrow.
And you would not believe how soft her fur has gotten. It's even softer than when she was a kitten. people always ask me what I do to her to make her coat that nice. I swear it's the food and brushing her every day.
Don't let that face fool you, she's a little brat cat! ❤️
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Cat Addict

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sooooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!! i used to have a black and white cat....but not fluffy. what a beauty!!!!!! i love her.

now THATS what im talking about....those simple stupid track toys keep mine busy for HOURS...i dont get it. and mine is just a circle...not yours....i like yours!!!! mine constantly play with it STILL. but it works so im happy whoever invented that is RICH...so RICH
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Cat Addict

HA! Gizmo also thinks that a bottle of seltzer water (flavored) is also a toy . She is mesmerized by the little moving bubbles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page