My Bathroom Stalker - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

My Bathroom Stalker

Since the first DAY that I brought my Odd home from the humane society he has been a weird one. He has so many little quirks.
And, I have a bathroom stalker. No matter what I am doing in there, he HAS to be allowed in! His special interest is the bath tub. He watches the water, he sits on the side of the tub when I am showering, and if I am taking a bath, he goes between sitting on the tub to laying beside it waiting for me to get out. He will lick my skin if he can reach it, and he has taken playful swipes at me through and around the shower curtain, this is great fun for him, but usually scares the bujeezus out of ME!!
The fun doesn't end there though, he follows me to the bedroom so I can get dressed, and "supervises" while I dress. He then follows me to the bathroom again and watches while I hang towels and tidy up. Only then will he leave me to do his own thing.
If I don't let him in while I am in the bathroom he will throw his chubby body against the door and claw at it and yowl. I have to let him in or he will do himself a mischief!
Does anyone else have a bathroom stalker? I would love to hear from you!!

Last edited by marie73; 12-31-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 10:17 AM
Kitten

I definitely do! My oldest boy, Izzy likes to hang out in the bathroom with me during showers. He perches himself on the tub between the curtain and the liner and watches the water run down the liner. Noir will also sometimes hang out, but he's not as interested in it as Izzy.

Noir will lick my legs when I've gotten out of the shower, new water source and what not...

Everyone will hang out outside the bathroom door if I don't let anyone in, but they don't demand to come in with me.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Cat

I have one too! My boy puddle will slam on the door and cry until I let him in. He then 'talks' to me while I go about my business. Sometimes he walks all over the counter and knocks things over. The one thing he doesn't like is is being shut in with me if I'm running the shower- he's a little scared of water. But he is very patient, no matter how long it takes me to get ready for work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Premier Cat

Mocha used to just like to come in and find the hot spot on the floor to lay down. She would rub herself all over my legs after I got out of the shower...we called it a "Mochie bath" but I ended up furry-legged!

The Bengals LOVE anything to do with water....locking them out of the bathroom, well...if they could figure out how to call animal cruelty, I am sure they would. They WILL hop in the bathtub full of water...they WILL walk into the shower...they WILL play in a sink full of water (often stealing the stopper)....they INSIST on being present if the toilet is going to be flushed AND watching the water disappear and come back. Every single guest gets a "make SURE the toilet lid is down after use" spiel....if they forget, the next person in sees water everywhere and paw prints all over the toilet seat. Our littlest one (still in his safe room) has already shown a great interest in water as well.

Despite their threats to call animal cruelty on me, I close and LOCK the door with them on the other side (little rascals figured out how to cooperate to slide the door open if it isn't locked).

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Cat Addict

Bathtime isn't complete without Munch supervising...Attachment 78457

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)

Last edited by DeafDogs&Cat; 06-28-2015 at 11:09 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Kitten

Bello follows me into the shower and gets his paws all wet when he hears the shower running. Now, I locked him out before shower because I don't want him to keep getting wet! He also loves watching me get dressed and....undressing. LOL. I thought it was a little odd but now I realize that he's just curious with humans and their clothes!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Premier Cat

LOL Mochas Mommy!

Margaux liked to sit on the edge of the tub between the liner and curtain too. She'd pace back and forth trying to figure out how to get around the liner to me without getting wet. She haaaaated getting wet. If a drop of water splashed on her while I was at the sink, she'd run away like she'd gotten an electric shock.

Weirder yet, the minute I sat on the toilet, she would wake up out of a deep sleep and come swish around my legs and ask for scratches. Every. single. time.

But she was a stalker in general, not just a bathroom stalker. Wherever I was, she was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page