Behavior modification fail - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Question Behavior modification fail

So my plan to use double sided tape where I don't want the kitties is not working out very well.

Lol. This spot on the sofa they are drawn towards and will scratch at it. It is not a big deal but I would like to find something that works in case there is a behavior in the future that I want to deter. I have tried this tape on the mantle to keep them off there and they licked it there too, didn't bother them a bit. What else do you guys use?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Tom Cat

Jasper used to only scratch a random spot on my wall, usually whenever he woke up or finished eating. Like with your guys, it wasn't a big deal but I figured it was something to address before it progressed into a problem. Tape didn't work for me either, he just kept scratching away like it wasn't even there LOL ... I thought for sure with his little Himalayan fluff tufts on his paws it would bother him, but it didn't faze him in the slightest =/

What did work for me was putting a sisal scratching post right in front of his ~spot~. I bought a small one that fit in front of it perfectly. Not only did this completely eradicate the random scratching, he also started using the sisal portions of his cat towers for scratching too, which he hadn't before! I guess blocking the wall with something better to scratch helped crystallize the purpose of sisal in his little feline mind haven't had a problem since the day I bought the day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I figured I was missing something obvious like that lol. We have a small scratching post that was probably 3 feet from that spot on the sofa. So it has been relocated, we'll see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinyaap View Post
Thanks for the suggestion
Not a problem! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page