Blue Boy got out today. (Thankfully I caught him) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Blue Boy got out today. (Thankfully I caught him)

Blue boy 13 month old kitten slipped out the door I am so thankful my dad saw him. We had a worker come to the house I told him we had a 2 cats that cannot go outside. He said he would keep an eye out. I started following the cats around to make sure they didn't get out. We ended locking them in a bed room. So I told the guy he didn't have to worry about the cats we had them locked up. Big mistake! In the commotion the guy wanted to show pictures of our ducts he just cleaned up. So I went to get my dad so he could see the pictures and we let the cats out of the room. The guy left the front door partly open. Blue Boy slipped out my dad saw him going out the door. I was very blessed he made it just to the front porch and I was able to grab him before he got off the porch. He would be gone. He never been out side 36 degree weather. Today I ordered some personalized collars. Hope they come soon. Any advice on how to get them to wear their collars? They are break away. Thanks in advance. I am so grateful the outcome was a positive one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Cool Cat

Thank god you were able to get your sweet boy back inside! Scary to have an indoors cat escape!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Premier Cat

So glad your kitty was caught in time, too! He's a purebred too, so even moreso scary...if there was a dishonest person who knew your cat was missing and was a purebred, you might never have been reunited, who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckybeanz View Post
Today I ordered some personalized collars. Hope they come soon. Any advice on how to get them to wear their collars? They are break away. Thanks in advance. I am so grateful the outcome was a positive one.

I put on collars on both of mine when they were older, about a year (?) old. Don't remember exactly. You just have to make sure the collars are on properly (not too loose or too tight). Hope you measured your cat's necks before ordering though, that helps to know what size would fit them best. My G was a collar houdini at first, very resistant and after about a dozen times of removing them (and me figuring out it was on too loose), I think he's finally gotten used to the collar and no longer cares that it's on.

It may be a good idea to have back ups, too. My cats used to scratch at it all the time at first until they've settled in wearing it. Certain fabrics and thinner collars seem much more comfortable for them than others.

Good luck, hope others can provide more input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I especially like it comes with a identification tag. Also you can pick collar color and thread color. I probably will remove the bell and leave the tag off though.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

WHEW! Jecky, that was a close one! So glad you got him scooped up! Getting them used to the collars...without the bells and tags, will be challenge enough to start with! You can put the tags on later!:p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Cat

Im glad you were able to get the kitty in time its pretty cold out thats for sure!

Cats are awesome special friends my cats are Oliver Whizzer Bull and Tarot
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks everyone. I am going to just put the collar on without the bell and leave the tags off. I hope they get here soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page