Two cat toys to recommend - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Two cat toys to recommend

No, I have no connection with any pet supply companies, ha ha. But I do want to recommend 2 fun cat toys.

Too many cat toys are decorated with feathers or thready trim, which you all know is wrong for them, because fibers like yarn or thread can harm their digestive tract. These frilly decorations are for humans to think are "cute" but in fact cats usually prefer the hard truth: a tough toy to play hard with.

One great toy is the "Bucko" mouse. This is a HUGE mouse-shaped toy, eight inches long not including the very long and ropy tail. It's got zero decorations, just a thick tail. But it's large and cushy and very solidly built. Because the "Bucko" is so large, your cat can grab it with front claws and teeth, and also rake it with the rear claws at the same time. And the Bucko is filled with organic catnip! You can get the online and at vets, and maybe in large pet supply stores. They cost about 12 bucks but are indestructible and plenty fun.

A much smaller mouse is the "Tuffy" mouse. It's very simple -- a thick cube of felt, no trimmings, just a ropy tail. But it's easy to bite and chew and throw around the place.

Both these toys are built "for cats" and not for humans. Which is the right direction.

Any other recommended good cat toys that are bought in stores?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Cat Addict

Da Bird!

It is a rod type toy with many types of attachments you can get. The Guinea feather attachment comes with it and moves with an awesome fluttery movement and gives the sound of birds wings. Surprisingly a number of cats on this site have become obsessed with it. including very recently my 19 year old senior

I got mine off amazon for about $12 with 2 extra attachment refills.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Tom Cat

Da Bird is awesome. My friend and housemate hilariously described it as not being a cat toy but rather 'an instrument for cat enthusiasts' haha

The same company that makes Da Bird also produces a smaller wand toy with a wire metal string and a small mouse attachment with a tail. It's called the Cat Chaser, and Jasper absolutely ADORES it. If I let him chase it long enough I can literally get him panting with his mouth open like a dog. It's my go-to if I need to burn off excess kitten craziness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Cat Addict

DaBird is a hit here, too... with my cat AND my terrier!

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

My girls got this crinkly catnip toy for Christmas from their Auntie and it's the biggest hit ever, all three girls still LOVE it. I'll probably buy a couple more.

National Geographic? Catnip Animal Sock Cat Toy | Toys | PetSmart

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Last edited by marie73; 01-09-2015 at 03:56 AM.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Cat Addict

Da Bird
Cat Catcher
Anything by YEOW
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Cat Addict

Katdad,
I googled Bucko mouse and can't seem to find it. Any help?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Here you go:

The Cat Connection Bucko Catnip Toy

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Cat Addict

Thank you. I saw that but I guess I pictured something else. I had to buy something to get free shipping on Chewy's and ordered this mouse. When I saw it, I thought I had been ripped off but both cats seem give it a spin now and then.
Ethical Pet Skinneeez Mouse with Catnip Cat Toy

Mama tosses it around and of course my real carnivore Blanco was chewing it but eventually gave up.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Cat

I can tell you we have literally dozens of wand toys and of course ours like the traditional "Da Bird" but we find that the string gets multiple knots over time. Are you aware of this other "Da Bird" wand:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000LPOUNW/r...1?tag=vig07-20

It is a different type of string which does not knot and our cats like this toy almost as much.

We also have the much liked "Cat Dancer" toy but I find it hard to use as one has to bend over a bit too much and there really is no handle. Well Jackson Galaxy has a similar but I think a much improved product called Petmate Jackson Galaxy Mojo Maker Ground Wand.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00O3GWKVO/r...2?tag=vig07-20

I hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page