Pepper is acting weird - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Pepper is acting weird

This morning I brought my youngest son to the bus stop and after that I walked our dog. Pepper (1.5 years old) was in the house alone. When I got back in I couldn't find her. I called her name, she normally comes when I call her, but nothing. I looked all over our house until I finally found her hiding behind my husbands coffee maker. I put her down and she stayed in a low crawl. Her eyes were dilated. I moved her from the kitchen to the living room and put her on the couch. She was still in a low crawl and her tail was moving fast from left to right and back. When she moved it was a slow moving low crawl. I left for a few hours to get my van fixed and she was still hiding, but this time on a kitchen chair.
Any idea why she is doing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe a huge truck went by or a car backfired. That's how my girls act when something scares them (well, not quite to that extreme). She could have even seen another cat or a dog outside and it freaked her out. Poor little girl.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Cat Addict

I agree sounds like SOMETHING freaked her out. I would do a walk through your home to be sure nothing got in. Check windows and doors for spray marks (or footprints if you have soft soil.. ours is frozen) ect. ect.

you COULD prod her for painful areas... but sounds more scared then hurting to me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

No animals can get into our house. Back yard is fenced in (6ft plastic privacy fence). The only thing that drove past our house was a cleaning truck from the city, but they come through once a week ad she never acted like that before (only on new years eve with the fire works going off).
We hardly have cats going past our front of the house. I put her in her litter box to pee, cause I had the feeling she never went all day because of her behavior. She is almost back to normal now. I am puzzled
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe she read your diary....

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Cat Addict

maybe she watched "Twilight" while you were out. I would react badly if someone made me suffer through that too... and not let me sleep through it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat

@marie73: no diary here Never had one

@BotanyBlack, she was watching TV, before I left with my son. I think it was a cartoon on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page