My babies Monte and Carlo need help! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My babies Monte and Carlo need help!

Monte is a 3 year old orange tabby whom I had for about a year before I introduced Carlo, as a kitten. Carlo is now 2 years old and the two became best buddies. However, Carlo went in for bladder infection for 4 days, returned to Monte hissing and growling. I kept them separate, did the scent swapping and the feli-away diffuser. Carlo recently attacked Monte and left 2 bad puncture wounds which I had to take him to the vet for. Since returning home, there has been no improvement between the two. Monte still hisses and growls and Carlo just has a scared look in his eyes then looks like he will attack again. Please help I can't give one away.. I love them both so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Premier Cat

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. There have been a couple of members who had this problem after one cat returned from a stay at the vet. You may need to restart the introduction if things don't improve soon. How long has it been since Carlo came back? It's interesting that although Monte is the one hissing, it was Carlo who attacked Monte. Did you happen to see what was going on between the two when Carlo attacked? Was Monte being aggressive in any way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page