Cat peeing on futon and clothes on ground. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cat peeing on futon and clothes on ground.

Hello,

I have a ten year old female domestic short hair cat. Anyways, Ghost (my cat) has been peeing on my futon and clothes left on the ground in my apartment. Ghost has two litter boxes, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. She also has two water fountain, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Now there is another cat that lives in the apartment but Ghost was already doing the peeing thing before the new cat arrived. I've taken Ghost to the vets.

The vet did an x ray and took some blood. Ghost was given a clean bill of health. So currently I don't allow Ghost to be near the futon alone or else she pees. Sometimes though Ghost will pee on the futon if I'm sitting on the futon. I do use Fizzon (The stuff that Jackson uses from My Cat From ****) to clean up the cat pee when she does it, so the enzymes aren't there anymore. I'm just at lost of what to do. My fiance is living with me and hes getting fed up with her. I want my fiance and Ghost to have a good relationship because I've had this cat for so long.

Also, Ghost was a stray kitten I'd found outside in 2005.(I don't know if this helps at all)

Thank You for taking the time to read my post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Premier Cat

How often do you clean the litter boxes?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I clean the litter boxes two times a week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

and the other cat has her own litter box and isn't allowed into my bedroom. so theres a total of three litter boxes in our apartment. My roommate's cat's litter box is in her bedroom
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Premier Cat

Hii Snowdazey,
You said the vet took an x-ray, and some blood...
Was there a urine sample taken?
Usually a clean catch is often taken first, then a draw is done by needle, straight from the bladder, this one is considered sterile.
Infections are checked for, any Crystals, both Struvite Crystals, and Oxalate Crystals...
I've been going through this with one of my kitty's!
My kitty is around four years old (?).

Yours, at ten, should have a "Full Senior Panel" done, this will catch anything early, before hopefully, anything serious happens!
Even kidney and liver problems, can be managed pretty well, if caught early enough!

See my thread dealing with my kitty's problems:
Search "UTI: Needle draw Vs. Clean Catch?"

You'll find some good ideas, and suggestions there!

Hopefully other's will have some ideas for you and Ghost!
Hang in there!
Sharon

P.S.
I bought a plastic, full size mattress cover, to zip my futon into, it was $10.00 at Fred Meyers store.
I also had to SOAK the mattress pee spots with Nature's Miracle, and let it dry, BEFORE, I put the cover on!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My vet did want a pee sample and had told me to put beads in the litter box to catch the pee. However, my cat refused to go to the bathroom in the litter box because she was fright of the beads. She had to take laxatives because she hadn't gone poop for two days due to her fear of the beads :/. So the vet said to forget getting the pee because he didn't want her to get an infection due to her fear of the beads. I currently do have a plastic cover on the futon too. I really appreciate all the help that you (10CatsandDogs) and MowMow are giving
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Cat Addict

When your Vet did blood. Was is in clinic or was it sent to a Lab? If it was done in clinic, you will need you Vet to do another and have it sent to a lab. In clinic equipment tend to be somewhat inconclusive. Like was said a full Senior Panel. including T4. When one of my seniors started going on clothing it turned out to be Thyroid issues. You cat is at that age it may become an issue.

If you can get the test result print out and post it here. There are several people that have lots of practice reading them. Then maybe we can help with the next step or test you may need done.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Premier Cat

Hmmmm...Just seen how 'Often'(?) you clean the litter boxes...
They need to be scooped at least once per day at a minimum! (Twice a day is even better!)
Cats are very fastidious creatures, and some even more so than others!
So if Ghost has been tested for UTI...
Start scooping at least once a day, and see if that helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Premier Cat

My cat also did not want to use the 'beads'...ended up leaving her at the vets, where they were able to finally get the sample.
The Needle draw is Definitely needed to test for Struvite, and Oxalate Crystals!
Free catch isn't going to show that...

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

BotanyBlack: She was tested at the clinic but I don't have the paper. My room mate is a vet tech, she looked over the results and said Ghost was fine.

Sorry for the late response. Its been a little hectic over here :/ Well Ghost is going to the vets tomorrow. The vet will be taking pee from her via a needle. But today I was out in the living room and Ghost jumped up on the futon and stared at me and proceed to pee on the futon. My roommate taped her to make her stop peeing on the futon but she just continued. Once Ghost was done peeing on the futon she sat down on the futon and proceeded to rip fur off her stomach. She doesn't have fleas or mites. So we'll see what the vet says tomorrow.

Again I really appreciate all the help and advice everyone is giving me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page