It never ends well - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat

It never ends well

We have 3 cats and they are mostly good friends. It always makes us smile when one comes over to wash the other....they look so cute together. But *never* does such 'loving' behaviour wind down nicely. One never just walks away but instead there is wrestling and nipping. Do you notice similarly in your multiple cat households?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Tom Cat

My cat, Moe, does this to Noah in the middle of the night on my bed. He wanders over to Noah, starts licking him sweetly (but Noah freezes up 'cause he knows what's coming!) but then starts bullying him!

I finally figured it out that he was hungry and this is his way of getting me up!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Premier Cat

The ONLY time it seems to work out ok on occasion is the middle of the night if MowMow wakes Book up to ask him for a grooming (Because MowMow would never ever ever consider putting his tongue on anyone but himself and on me). Book will wake up long enough to give him a short bath and fall back to sleep. Then *IF* MowMow can let it go at that we're good. If he keeps bugging Book fore more then a tussle starts.

ANy grooming that involves Neelix *always* ends in a tussle. Neelix isn't allowed close enough to MowMow to groom him, but he and Book keep each other clean. It always ends badly though, then once they start tussling MowMow starts growling with a warning of "I know I"m 4 rooms away but keep that crap away from me!" .... and if Im home I always winding up yelling at EVERYONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Tom Cat

Oh, yes...It always winds up with yelling at them to get off the bed, LOL. (Seriously, at 2:00 in the morning?!)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Even worse is when I wake up because they end up tussling on TOP OF ME at 4:00 a.m.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Premier Cat

Has happened. The inhuman angry roar it rips out of me has everyone running...and hiding until morning. Well, everyone but MowMow who barely lifts his head and looks at me with one eye closed like, "it's about **** time, they've had me up for an hour."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Jr. Cat

Locke and Auri do the same thing. It'll start out with one washing the other, ends up in a fight.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Cat Addict

The only cat I ever had that groomed the rest with Impunity was Sherbert. HE insisted everyone stayed clean. He would groom each one and they sat through it. He might have been a light weight, but he was boss and they did what he wanted, when he wanted at all times. The most he ever did was head bop or walk away with a disappointed look on his face to bring them into line either... We always said he ruled with a velvet covered Iron paw.

When anyone else did it.. well it was a toss up who would start the tussle. the one wanting to sleep or the one trying to do the grooming.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Premier Cat

The wrestling and nipping is a natural outcrop of cuddling and play! Unless there is fur flying and screaming, then it's all love to them.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Cat Addict

So with Marcia!!

Our late and wonderful Princess Tramp could suppress any of the others with one raised paw - and Sheba is trying to follow her example but hasn't yet got there. The others all have occasional hissy fits and the worst by a long way are the "twins" - but they still love each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page