Getting WEIRD - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Getting WEIRD

First there was Rewind, she started it all. A cat that loved to be spanked, called her joking ly S&M kitty! And she argues with people. I thought they could not get any weirder than her. I was wrong, and REALLY wrong!
My boy, Odd Thomas, is even weirder.
Not only is he my bathroom stalker, he acts like he is my bathroom protector!!
He will follow me in there in the middle of the night, flop down and expect a belly rub, with my FOOT.
He also flops down in really inappropriate places on the floor and exposes his belly for foot rubs at really inopportune times, like when I am trying to cook!
And bed time! Don't get me started!!
For someone who cannot tell TIME, he sure knows when I should be in bed! He will start to herd me around 10 pm. And if I break ritual, like heaven forbid, have a bath before bed, all craziness breaks loose!! I can expect a double dose of Herd of thundering Wildabeasts!!
Then there is the food ritual, OMG!! That animal THINKS with his stomach!!
If I ever forget the wet food in the evening, his whole world would shatter, lol!
Then there is the bed hog behavior. I have a king sized bed and a cat. I will fall asleep in the MIDDLE of the bed, and wake up later over on one side. And where is Odd Thomas? Snoring away spread eagle on one side of the bed!! How does an animal I can CARRY take up so much room??
His rolyal weirdness just seems to get even weirder as each day goes by.
I am not complaining, the point of this post is to share, and hopefully other people will share their weird cat stories!
I love his personality, and I love his little quarks.
Thank you for letting me share!

Last edited by marie73; 02-03-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 12:34 PM
Cat Addict

LoL great post. It amazes me too how both my girls can make themselves 6 ft square when on the bed. I too have an inappropriate time belly rub needed kitty, Kiki. She also howls like someone trying to kill her if my husband is in the shower and she can't get into the bathroom to check he hasn't drowned. Lulu herds my husband to where she wants him like a tiny sheep dog, pushing him towards the kitchen for food or the sofa for a lap nap or a chin rub. It's these adorable weird querks that make cats so adorable
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Cat Addict

LOL cute! All of my cats have had their own special Quirks.

Right now I only have 2 cats in the house. SO let's take Jack. He is 19 years old AND still goes to the bathroom with me. No I don't mean he follows me. He waits, stares and gets excited when I go. And all because he wants me to see him pee. Yes. this cat ONLY goes Pee during the day IF I go with him. So every time I go past, I step into the bathroom so he will use the pan... Oh well at least he uses the pan. right?

I am not even going to start on HOW a 7lb. cat takes up a full Queen sized bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

They have their little quarks don't they? Odd 3/4 of the time HAS to be in the same room as I am. Occassionaly I will get a few moments to myself, but he almost always has to know what I am doing. He has an unfortunate habit of taking a poop while I am showering. I just don't get it, why he has to wait until I am unable to escape the SMELL, lol! I have recently taken a job where I will be away from home at night, I wonder how he will react to that.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Odd also has this habit of laying on me when I am lying on my side. He is a long cat, and I am short, so when he lies on me his butt is on my hip and his front paws are on my shoulder. He will sometimes stretch out more so he can bat at my hair if it is moving, or to lick my chin. He is a heavy boy, now on a diet, lol. So when he lies on me I feel it!
Sometimes when he is laying on one end of the couch and I am on then other side rubbing his belly with my feet, he will make little chirps along with his purring. It is almost like he is singing!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Jr. Cat

I have two bathroom stalkers, bed hogs, food worshippers, and cuddle monsters. They're both as bad as each other! I get no peace from them (they're like my shadows) while my OH can go anywhere and do anything without being bothered!

They are both really cute though - especially when Locke flops down on his back at my feet for belly rubs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page