kitten has a strange addiction - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

kitten has a strange addiction

Yesterday i was washing my hands and my kitten was just standing right next to me watching. After i washed my hands i went and did something else and realised that my kitten was nowhere to be seen so i searched for her and eventually found her back where i washed my hands, just staring at the sink. Is this normal behavior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Tom Cat

Completely normal. It's a myth that cats are afraid of water. Some don't like to get wet sure, but there are those who don't mind at all and find water fascinating.
Angel will demand to be let in the bathroom to watch the water go down the drain after someone has had a bath. She'll even stick out a paw and try to catch it.
She's now 6 years old and she's never grown out of it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Senior Cat

two set of faucets in our house have homemade cat-proof fixtures that snap in place, one of our cats was turning on the water so he could play, he wasn't to good at turning it off after..

yeti cat: two toes short of the record books
eons ago there must had been a creature with a roar
like a vacuum cleaner, it most likely ate cats.
smokey,yeti, pansy, violet, ember and brullie
jolene, tammi and emma the ghost kitties in the house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 06:00 AM
Jr. Cat

My two will sit on the kitchen windowsill and watch me wash the dishes. They'll then investigate the sink once I'm done so I'd say it's pretty normal.

Both will also walk along the side of the bath but they're not so happy when they fall in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 07:04 AM
Premier Cat

She may be wondering where all that wet stuff went! What could possible be down that drain that could be so interesting for water to go to!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 07:39 AM
Cat Addict

Kiki likes to lay next to the sink and watch the water in it and then when it goes down the plug hole. She also likes to sit and watch the water when you shower but get in after, although she hates getting damp paws- yep still can't grasp it is going to happen even almost a year on.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Cat

Our last cat used to dip her paw into the water dish then rub on her face like she was washing it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Tom Cat

Hehe. My kitten is the exact opposite. Jasper is absolutely horrified of any and all sources of running water. I discovered this when I was holding him in our kitchen and one of my housemates turned on the sink and he freaked out, climbed up my shoulder, and dug in with his claws! It's funny because he's absolutely fearless otherwise. Loud noises, new faces, and the general hustle and bustle that often characterizes a house full of busy college students does not faze the little fluff in the slighest, but turn on the sink or dishwasher and OH NO! he'll speed away as fast as he can!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page