Do your cats know you are sick? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Do your cats know you are sick?

I have always read owners who say their cats knows when they are sick. I haven't had the same experience with ET. I have been down with bouts of sickness in recent months, a couple times, it was bad vertigo where my head just goes spinning and just yesterday, I had a bad fall from a bike, injured my lower back, needed alot of rest. In those times, I didn't feel that ET knows or even cares, lol, pestering and crying for food as usual.

In what ways does your cat show or know when you are sick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Cat Addict

Sammy is a wonderful caretaker when I'm sick! As my soul kitty, she knows when I need her most. When I'm sick, she's always right there at my side, purring and kneading me.

She's incredibly intuitive when I have a fever. If the fever makes me too cold, she's right there on my lap trying to warm me up. But if the fever starts raging again, she moves away from me, and lays close by, but doesn't touch me...I get cold again, and she's right back on top of me!

She also "brought" my phone to me once when I was really sick. I was checking something on it, and I dropped it and it fell a slight distance away. Sammy went to my phone and nosed it back over to me, so I wouldn't have to get up.

I love my little nannycat! <3 you Sammy!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

OMG! this is what I call "Cat Cares", you are so fortunate to have such a sweet kitty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
OMG! this is what I call "Cat Cares", you are so fortunate to have such a sweet kitty!
I thank her everyday. She's the best kitty in the world, in my eyes hehe. I can't imagine life without her.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I have never felt that I can't live life without ET, he never made me feel that way, I have only felt a sense of responsibility towards ET, a provider for a poor, unwanted kitty cos he is anti-social, bitty, scaredy. But I do feel a little fortunate he picked me, he isn't afraid of me, otherwise I won't be able to reach out to him.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Cat Addict

Then I would count yourself very lucky, snowy! Even if ET isn't right there when you're sick, it's obvious he trusts you in other ways, especially if he picked you! Who knows, he may eventually come to take care of you when you're sick somewhere down the line. I've found that cats work in mysterious ways.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I guess like they say "its more blessed to give then to receive". Even if you are willing to give, there are just people/animals who are not willing to receive. So, I can count myself blessed to have a receipient (ET). Yes, that's the word "trust", he trusts me for sure, I'm fortunate to be his chosen ones, lol.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Cat Addict

When I was a child I was ill (odd for someone who is very robust but it took a zillion tests to find out what it was). At the time we had the son of my very first cat that I remember (a stray that with the lack of imagination of a 3 year old or there abouts I called "Mew"). He was a monster in some ways - all the local dogs except our own were TERRIFIED of him but when I was ill, he wouldn't have left me for than a few minutes.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Premier Cat

Yes. My boys are always quieter (Book and Neelix). MowMow is Mr. Mom when I'm sick. He sticks by me and cuddles with me. He's always patient when I want to snuggle him but even more so when Im sick.

He also tries to groom me more. He'll slurp at my forehead or eyelids or nose when I'm all runny and gooey.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Senior Cat

I adore Leelu but she really doesn't give two hoots about me being sick. I had the flu over new years and was so sick. Fever, cough, no appetite, the works. She came to check a few times because I was in bed all day, but I think she was just wondering where her food is. Lol She is quite affectionate and often sleeps in my bed and on my lap, but if I'm sick she avoids me like the plague.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page