Wanting a 3rd kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Wanting a 3rd kitty

I am probably nuts given I have Sapphire and He-man already plus my dog Toby (shihtzu) and a 55 gallon tank of fish in a 2 bedroom apartment plus my 14 yr is old special needs so she is alot of work but I still find myself wanting a 3rd.

If I was to get a 3 would it best to get a girl or boy?

I have this silly thing of wanting a pure white cat. I don't care the breed and know the whole blue eyes could mean deaf thing and I know its silly but it just stuck in my head.

Also is just luck that some cats are not attracted to my fish or is it a breed thing? I spend a large chunk of my day getting He-Man off the tank while Sapphire has no desire to go fishing at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 04:54 AM
Premier Cat

I don't think sex will matter too much rather than the kitty's personality, honestly. You want a cat that would get along with other cats, dogs and older children as well, so probably a busy, energetic/hectic environment? If you can afford the added expenses needed for another pet, I don't see why need to hold back in adopting another, though adding more vertical space would definitely benefit your home, too. Just remember cats are territorial creatures, so reading a bit of cat-cat intro and cat-dog intro may be helpful, too, so you know what kind of work it involves before you go all out and fall in love with one!

I suspect your Ragdoll breed has something to do with her lack of interest in the fish tank, and more of her interest in being closer to you. If He-man is a moggie, he's a typical curious and mischevious one like mine!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Premier Cat

Sex won't matter. Once they are desexed they become cats. I can't agree more with TabbCatt. Adding the extra vertical space is a must. On a pracitical side, many apartment complexes in the USA only allow a certain number of pets so you may ALREADY be over your limit. I would seriously check my lease to see if you have not already exceeded that plus you will not live there forever so be mindful if this in light of a possible move in the future.

Lastly, many cats are just not attracted to the movement of fish. I have a virtual aquarium on my TV and some of the younger cats are fascinated by it but the older cats just yawn.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Cat Addict

I remember when I had two and the third little stray came along, and I was like "NO WAY" am I having three cats. Well, we did keep him, he ended up being the best cat ever. In a very short time, he bonded with one of the other cats, and they are best buds, they play, it's great. I was not looking for a 3rd cat, but they seem to find me. The thing to remember is, can you afford 3. If they get sick, will you be able to afford their medical care? Be sure you can afford to feed three. I feed mine wet food, high quality stuff, and it is not cheap. But hey, if that is not a problem, three is not much harder than two, honest
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbCatt View Post
If He-man is a moggie, he's a typical curious and mischevious one like mine!
whats a moggie? We don't know what He-Man is a couple years back there was a heat wave and my daughter found him in the park and she suckered me into keeping him lol before that I swore up and down I would not have cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
On a pracitical side, many apartment complexes in the USA only allow a certain number of pets so you may ALREADY be over your limit. I would seriously check my lease to see if you have not already exceeded that plus you will not live there forever so be mindful if this in light of a possible move in the future.
I am actually in Ontario Canada, where I am I am not breaking any rules and as for moving I am in low income housing so I wont be moving ever and my child wont live on her own so where I am is where I will stay.
My lease does not say anything about pets becasue no pet clauses are not legal here, while a landlord can say no pets when applying for a place if you say fine and move em in after they can not do anything to you for it.

Money is not a concern as I budget for this stuff. right now its just an idea and unless the right cat came along it wont happen.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Tom Cat

Moggie is another name for a cat with no breed ie domestic short/long hair.

Last edited by marie73; 03-07-2015 at 07:17 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks.

Last edited by marie73; 03-07-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page