Long time feeding dilemma - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Long time feeding dilemma

Hello

Iíve been trying to work this out by myself but now itís time to ask you guys what you think I should do. My two-year-old Abyssinian female kitty seems to be always changing what she prefers to eat. She is my first cat, which I got about a year and a half ago. Once I think I have it figured out she changes what she prefers and when she wants to eat. She calls the shots, not me. Thatís probably my downfall. Maybe Iím too accommodating. Iím home with her pretty much every day 24/7. If I put out what she liked before, she just lets me know she prefers for something else to eat. Itís driving me insane ha ha. Here is a list of what she likes whenever sheís in the mood to eat it: Solistic karma chicken, Natureís Variety brand, Stella and chewy freeze dried chicken and turkey, Wild Calling chicken and turkey, Life essentials 100% freeze dried chicken which started out as a treat, only now she prefers more of it. Iím not sure Life essentials should be considered a balanced meal or just a treat since itís only chicken. What do you think? Is this normal or am I being played which Iím sure I am? On a sidenote she calls me when she wants to cuddle, wants me to watch when she goes to the bathroom and calls out when sheís wants a snack. She likes to cuddle at least three times a day and then sleeps with me at night. She likes a lot of attention. She doesnít like when Iím on my iPhone. Ha ha. Iím not complaining about that part which I enjoy. I tried feeding her on a schedule but because Iím home most of the day it seems she lets me know when sheís ready to eat. Maybe I need to be more firm with her and put my foot down so she follows my rules and not respond when she talks in that cute voice to me which plays to my heart. She knows how to play me. What do you do if she just refuses to eat what you put down. Do you try something else or do you stick to your guns and say this is your meal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Don't be to critical of a mistake. It is evidence that at least
someone tried to do something.
Become better than you used to be, not better than someone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page