kitten attacking cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

kitten attacking cat

Hello! New member here; my name is Jen and I'm from Newfoundland. I have three rescue kitties that I love so much. My oldest is Meeko, he is an all black Bombay or Mainecoon mix. Twinkie is the middle kitty (lol) and she is light brown and white, or calico. And the last and newest is Chessy. She is a ginger, white, black and brown calico.

The question I would like to ask today is: How do am I able to stop my kitten (Chessy) from always playfully attacking Twinkie? Sometimes Twinkie does not mind and she plays back but for the most part, its when Twinkie is trying to sleep, eat or use the litter box. I have tried separating them but she runs right back to her as soon as she sees her. You can see that Twinkie is getting annoyed so I put her in the room by herself and shut the door to give her some rest but I also don't want to isolat them from each other.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Premier Cat

Hi there! I haven't had this issue so won't try to recommend anything other than that you post your question in the behavior forum, where more members are likely to see it. I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Premier Cat

Play, Play, Play! You will need to spent at least 20 mins (or maybe more) a couple times of day to play with Chessy to the point that she is tired (and maybe panting) and indicates she's had enough play by disengaging. Suggest you get some fishing pole-type toys, like "Da Bird" or something similar that has feathers on the end. Get a length of cord (like for venetian blinds), or an old belt from a fleece kimono, and run her around up and down stairs, furniture, and around yourself (you can even sit on the floor or stand for this one). Make it move like a snake on the ground. All this play is to drain off her excess energy she is using to play with Twinkle. Yes, you're right you don't want them to be separated too long, but once in a while for an hour or half hour is OK, and will give Twinkle a time to rest. Kittens are full of energy and need to play a lot, and calicos can be spunky so Chessy likely doesn't want to take "no" for an answer from Twinkle. Get some catnip too, and when she's too rangy, give her a stuffed toy that's had catnip rubbed into it. Catnip initially makes kitty excited, but then it acts to calm a kitty down, especially if you give Chessy even a little to eat. Hope some of these suggestions will be helpful for you and Twinkle with Chessy. All the best!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page