cat drinks bunny water - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cat drinks bunny water

So my bunny has those drip water bottles used for hamsters and other rodents and my cat decided that he loves this water. He drinks it all the time and she runs out of water fast. He's super loud and wakes me up every night. It's driving me nuts! I yell at him, make loud noises, and show him where his water is. It doesn't seem to matter. He knows he's not supposed to do it and does it anyway!

I've already moved the bunny water once and he gave up for a few weeks, but there's nowhere I can put her water where he can't go. My bunny and cats are about the same size. Has anyone else had this problem? How do you teach cats to stop doing something? Or do you guys have any other ideas to stop him from drinking her water?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Jr. Cat

What type of water bowl does the cat have and where is it located? Our cat used to like drinking from the sink (running water is seen by some cats as fresher). We bought one of those cat water fountains and he stopped asking for sink water. Also, some cats don't like the water to be right next to their food bowl since in the wild their "food bowl" is a killing ground which is messy and could have diseases if it goes into drinking water. Maybe also moving the cat's food bowl away from his water bowl would help.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Tom Cat

Why not just get another bottle just for him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I have an automatic refilling water bowl and it's right next to the food bowl. I'll try moving the bowl and if that doesn't work I'll try one of those fountains. Thanks for the ideas! I didn't know about the killing ground thing.

Last edited by marie73; 01-02-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I would, but those bottles can only hang on cages so it would still have to be in my bunny's area and would still wake me up. I was hoping there would be something I could put on the bottles to deter cats that's still safe for bunnies.

Last edited by marie73; 01-02-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page