cat not using litterbox - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

cat not using litterbox

having an issue with my 5ish year old cat popping on my floors, at wits end with her, need suggestions, I have tried all and she has a clean bill of health HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Premier Cat

Is this a new behavior with her? Do you have only one litter box? If so, get a second one and put it in a different location in a quiet place free from traffic area. Have you changed to a different type of litter?---if so, she may be telling you she doesn't like it. Make sure her boxes are cleaned every day, morning and evening, of any pee clumps or poop. Don't give her any excuses to avoid the box. You can try Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter.....I've have good success at getting one of my cats to use the litter box again. Sometimes a cat will start pooping outside the litter box because it associates the box with trying to pass a hard dry poop and it causes the cat pain or discomfort. If you think that may be the cause, add a little water to canned food to soften her poop. Hope some of these suggestions will be helpful. All the best!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Tom Cat

Are you using scented litter? Most cats prefer unscented. Are there other animals in the house that could prevent her from using the box?
Many cats feel vulnerable when they're on the box and want a clear line of sight around them. If the box is enclosed, take the top off, if it's tucked away out of sight, put it somewhere that she can see if someone is approaching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page