WonĚt use new cat tree - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Wonít use new cat tree

I just built a new cat tree for my cat to replace the old ugly looking one that she used to love. So far the only way Iíve been able to get her up there is by putting a bowl of wet foot on the top. She eats the food and hops down immediately. Is there any way to entice her to start using it to sleep in? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7CE13807-8F91-4B1D-8965-51628FED13AD_1518029899421.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	121658  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Geez, I don't think my cats would to up there, either.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Cat Addict

Where are the branches All I know is I replaced a favorite scratching post because it was getting ugly and now I have a cat that scratches my sofas even though there are 4 other scratching posts. These cats like what they like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Cat

What age is she? That may be a bit daunting. If you still have the old tree leave it next to it. Cats have a way of finding things on their own. Did she eat her meals up in the old tree or did you just think that would make her go up there? Treats would be a better idea along with cat nip (if she's into it). Also if you use 'Da Bird' you could entice her with that. It might take her awhile to figure it out.

Bottom line, they do as they wish haha!

4ever in my Heart
Dizzy my PookieMoose
June 2003- August 26 2017

Last edited by marie73; 02-07-2018 at 10:46 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Cool Cat

did you replace a whole cat TREE or just a cat box? if so, that would be a huge change for her and I wouldn't be surprised she hasn't taken to it immediately. but at least she went up there for food. I imagine she misses her trusty, comfy old one, like a trusty old blanket or t-shirt : (. but yeah - you could probably get her used to the new one quicker by playing with her up there more and putting treats up there.

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Jr. Cat

If she has a favorite sleeping place or blanket or something, try putting it up there so that it smells more familiar to her. Try putting things she likes up there often so she starts associating it with those good things. But when it all comes down to it, some cats just don't take to new things quickly and it'll take awhile for her to figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page