Cat got out AGAIN and mia - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cat got out AGAIN and mia

Idk if this is the right place but I am posting wherever I can. I lost my cat again recently, like literally 2am. The door somehow was left open, she got out. The last time she got out we had just moved here and she was completely missing for 3 months, no sign of her. And likewise there is again no sign of her. I looked under everything around here I can think of and nothing.
We live in the woods. There are only two neighbors in walking distance and that is a stretch, so her being over there seems less likely. However after 3 months the last time we found her we cornered her in a workshop at the neighbors... The furthest one. But idk how or why she would have even gone there that soon.
But since then that place has become incredibly populated with dogs so I don't know if she would go up there.
She does not respond to calling, food, the traps I set out, or anything. She becomes feral the minute she gets outside. I put her bed outside but idk what else to do. What else can I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Take some litter out of her litter box and sprinkle it outside. Sometimes the familiar smell will help guide them back home.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Premier Cat

Has she been spayed? If not, she was likely coming in heat and looking for some action. She may not come home for a few days. I do hope she does, and if she has not been spayed, get it done quickly. Female cats are not inclined to roam as much as males. Cats that get outdoors are always in danger especially near woods from being attacked by owls or other large birds of prey, foxes and coyotes, and yes dogs too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Take some litter out of her litter box and sprinkle it outside. Sometimes the familiar smell will help guide them back home.
i have three cats though so i can't be sure what part she peed in
also that is why i put her bed outside because she lays i n it the most
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

@ catloverami

no, she has been spayed.

but i still cannot find her

Last edited by marie73; 05-10-2018 at 03:06 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Premier Cat

It's so stressful when kitties go missing.

You might also put out a piece of your worn clothing.

Was your neighbor feeding her last time? I'd definitely let your neighbors know that she got out, and maybe ask them not to feed her and call you instead if they see her?

In case she's wandered further off, you could try posting on a site like nextdoor.com.

Fingers crossed that she's just enjoying her freedom and will come back when she gets hungry!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

I've put out her bed, but she still has not shown up or rather haven't seen any sign of her.
If
I only have two neighbors technically and one of them is on my land, and she has outdoor cats and dogs which she feeds a bizarre specialized diet to so it might be possible she could get into that.

The other neighbor I haven't had the chance to speak with yet.

We're in the woods so while I don't exactly have neighbors there are some beyond the woods so she might be cutting through there to get to them but I have no idea if she is and how or where she'd be going

Last edited by marie73; 05-11-2018 at 03:55 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Premier Cat

Has she made her way back home?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

she has but she is absolutely uncatchable. Doesn't respond to calls ignores all trap food and runs when she sees you. She spends most time hiding out under my house. So she's home at least but as of now I have no idea how to catch her. I have tried both tuna and chicken which she normally loves, covering the trap, putting the trap in a box, putting it half way under the house, but she still refuses.

Last edited by marie73; 05-14-2018 at 03:52 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Premier Cat

Sounds like she got spooked by something and is afraid and finds under the house a safe place. Try to win her over by feeding her her favourite foods, but don't try and trap her right away....let her confidence build up first if possible. I'm glad to hear she's spayed. Unfortunately she just may prefer to be outside at the time if the weather is nice. I think it's great that she has come back to your home at least. Just let her calm down, and let her be as she wants and give her treats.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page