indoor/outdoor pregnant cat won't use litterbox - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

indoor/outdoor pregnant cat won't use litterbox

Hi, I'm new here and I've never used a forum before but I'm looking for some advice on my girl Tallulah please. She's a lovely black and white female who is around 16 months old. She is very heavily pregnant, due in the next few days and I am trying my very best to keep her indoors so she does not give birth outside. The only problem is that she won't use her litter tray. She has never been the type of cat to have accidents around the house, even as a kitten she always used her tray perfectly. Now she spends a lot of her time outdoors she's obviously used to going to the toilet outside too. I keep her in at night anyway but obviously with her due date looming I have been keeping her in for longer periods of time but she won't use her litter tray, she literally just holds it until I cave and let her out. Last night she was in for around 14 hours and didn't use the tray or go anywhere else to use the toilet. What should I do to encourage her? Thank you in advance, Emma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Premier Cat

Once she has her kittens (hopefully it will be inside), she will likely be too occupied with nursing and looking after them to want to leave them to go outdoors to do her toilet, and will go back to using the litter box as she won't want to be away from her kitties. I hope that's the case.....so keep your fingers crossed it works out that way. All the best.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page