Adding a 3rd cat. HELP! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Adding a 3rd cat. HELP!

I already have two brats. And by brats I mean they’re spoiled. I live alone and care for them all alone. I could never imagine getting rid of either cat for any reason (even though I found a bunch of blankets they’ve peed on and now I’m doing a ton of laundry).

On to my issue. There is a cat named Chloe. Chloe has 3 legs. Chloe was my cousin’s cat but she couldn’t take her with her when she moved to North Carolina. My dad ended up taking Chloe for a while, but didn’t want her anymore so he took her to my grandma and grandpa’s where there was a feral colony. My aunt ended up taking her for a while (over a year) but recently gave her up to my sister because of behavior problems. My sister now cannot keep her because of her problems. Chloe doesn’t really get along with other cats, but she’s fine if they don’t bother her. The main issues is chloe’s throwing up and diarrhea. I feel like that is probably diet as I know my sister doesn’t feed her proper food. I currently feed my two Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach as my older cat used to throw up a ton and she hardly does anymore after this food. I also am going to add two new litter boxes as I already have two for my cats so 4 should be perfect. I basically know what I need to do as far as slow introductions and all that, but does anyone have any advice whatsoever about anything? She has been bounced around so much I plan on making this her forever home. She isn’t a super lovey cat, but she deserves a happy life with someone who wants to take care of her. She has an attitude and I can deal with that. I work with foster children so I know how bouncing from home to home and effect someone. I just want her to be happy and I am willing to do whatever to keep her safe and happy in a forever home.

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 04:04 PM
Premier Cat

Poor Chloe for being bounced around from home to home, but I think you are the perfect mom for this little troubled girl with "attitude". Just be as loving you can, ignore the attitude, bribe her with treats, not every time you approach her but often, so that she looks forward to you coming to greet her. Find her "sweet spots" where she likes to be scratched---cheeks? chin? along her spine? on back above the tail? maybe not her tummy as a lot of cats find it ticklish and then get over-stimulated and bite the hand that tickles! A visit to the vet for a checkup re her throwing up and also diarrhea....maybe worms, or some other thing that's going on to rule out any health issues. Even tho she isn't a "super lovey cat" now, with your warm affection, sing song talk to her, she may change her behavior. Hope some of these suggestions are helpful. Good luck!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page