new member need a bit of litter advice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

new member need a bit of litter advice

the wife and i plan to adopt a 41/2 month old kitten this weekend so i am wondering should we buy the same type of litter thats being used for her already or is it ok to buy a different type prior to bringing her home ?thx for any advice given
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

My girls have never cared what type of litter they have. But with a new kitten, I might stick with what they're using for a while so she has something familiar.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Cat Addict

I have been trying out new litters but I start with just putting a little in with my stand bye. Then I will increase it if the cats still use the box. I think Marie is correct that you don't want to start a problem. First let the kitty know his new home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

thanks to you all for the replies
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 12:32 AM
Premier Cat

And please post pics once you have your new kitty home!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

well we adopted the kitty or more like i was chosen by her yesterday at a petsmart hehe the wife feeling like its my cat and not ours haha she kinda wanted this russian blue she found at the pasadena humane society but we went to check it out today and it was sick so we adopted the all gray domestic short hair that i just felt picked me she is an awesome lil girl 5 months tommorrow but she is gona need lots of tender care and time i know from what i understand of her short life so far soon as i can figure out how to post pics from my cell phone i will post em
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, congratulations!

I have to wonder if a second kitty might be on the horizon soon, given that kitty seems to have chosen you and that your wife feels left out... Actually, it's not a bad idea. I don't know if you've already had kittens, but 5-month-old kittens have a *lot* of energy...They are adorable and entertaining, but whew! They always want to play, especially when you don't.

Looking forward to seeing pics! Please post them in the Meet My Kitty section, so everyone can ooh and aah!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

thx we had our first big accident last night to graycie the kitty flooded out the couch during tv time haha no biggie its our fault it happened wife and i didnt do the placing her into smaller room first to start single bedroomspot i live in and the bathroom just gets to hot humid and muggy for us to feel ok leaving her in there to long to settle in good news is she figured out where her litter box is now and exploring her new home and she is a velcro cat to and bonding good to the wife too as for the second kitty haha i gotta talk her into or manipulate another tarantula into our apartment first hehe butwe are gona be making trips weekly for kitty stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page