Help my Male cat is Bullying my Female. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Help my Male cat is Bullying my Female.

My cat Blueboy is a Blue point Siamese will be 5 years old on November 28 and so will his sister Daisy who are from the same litter. Daisy will be peacefully sleeping on the heating mat I bought for both of the cats there enough room for both cats. I have them on top of my dresser in my bedroom. I also bought another one and put it on my Other dresser across the room. Blue boy will come and attack Daisy and she cries out and hisses at him and will swat him with her paw. He has never drew blood never pieces of hair lying around. They are doing this when I am trying to sleep. I have beds through out the house.

I would just lock them out at night but they will cry all night at my door. I am at my wits end. I love them they are like my kids I would never ever get rid of them I just canít figure out what to do.. they will also do this when I am busy doing a project itís almost like they are doing this for attention. But I am constantly trying to give them what they need I play da bird with them. I even play a game with them where I will run up and down my split level house they enjoy chasing after me and then I hide and they try to find me.

My cats donít rally like playing with toys. I have tried separating them but they canít stand not being together. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Premier Cat

I need a good night's sleep or I can't function the next day, so I have never let my cats sleep in bed with me at night. However, they do enjoy a late afternoon nap with me before dinner. My suggestion is that you try and keep them out of the bedroom at night. Set them up in another room with their heating pads, and give them a meal to eat before bedtime in that room and then close the door. If this other room is on another floor from your bedroom, it would be good so you don't hear them---put in ear plugs if do. Just ignore all the fuss, be consistent, and eventually, they should look forward to having their late evening meal in their room. Also, a radio left on, may soothe them. As for Blueboy's bullying, that's normal behavior, and since he's just doing it to bug Daisy, but not drawing blood or being vicious about it, I wouldn't worry. Hope you have good zzzzzs and pleasant dreams!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Hi Catlover,
Thanks for the suggestions. You are very kind to take the time to give me advice. I have been thinking of changing their feeding. I leave food down all the time. I was told to do this by the breeder. I thought it was good for them. But now I am not too sure . I just donít know how to go about. Switching to a schedule because when I travel the woman I have come and care for them doesnít have a regular schedule and canít come right at the feeding times I would setup. I want their routine to be consistent. Thanks again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page