Roommates Cat Still Scared of Me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Question Roommates Cat Still Scared of Me

So I've been living with 2 other roommates for the last 4 months, one of which has a cat. The first month the cat was very social around me, would invite herself into my room, and enjoy my company like the rest of us. After that first month, she has been completely spooked just by me for some reason. Now when she sees me, she runs away to her owner's room and hides under the bed, or under any type of furniture if her room is closed. I've gotten her to purr under the bed or in her room when I pet her occasionally, and fed her out of my hand a few times to warm her back up to me. But that doesn't seam to translate to her warming up to me the next time I see her, since its running away and hiding. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the cat inherently scared of me? I'll admit I'm sometimes a little forward with getting her out of her owner's room, especially to get her downstairs to eat some food if it's just me and the cat in the house, but I'm at the point of just giving up and having to ignore the cat 24/7. I just want her comfortable around me where she can still move around the house freely when I'm home and not be scared all the time.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Taking her out of her room is probably the biggest mistake you're making. That may be why she's running away from you now. Just let her come to you at her own pace.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in