Advice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Advice

Good Evening friends. I am new to this forum and need advice. My husband and I adopted a stray cat from a shelter about 2 years ago. He is a sweetie. He was an indoor outdoor cat with no issues as we have cat doors for safety and we bring him in every night or even throughout the day to nap. He was shot by someone with a pellet gun...We rushed him to emergency clinic and finally got him back home just yesterday. He is resting next to me as I type. My June Bug does not like being inside AT ALL he screams and yowls. clearly he is recuperating now but I don't know what to do when 2 weeks pass and he is feeling better. I don't want him injured yet struggle with the thought of losing him through some crazy person. Our vet advised us that he suggested to let him out again when he is better .... I just don't think I can do that. I am petrified.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Kitten

A couple of ideas.

Some cats just like the feeling of laying on grass. You could try getting him a bed of grass in the house. If he still persists, get a cat/small dog harness for him and take it a priority to take him out before breakfast, afternoon, and before dinner. that way he's never out of your site. I know a lot of friends that do this. It is much safer as well. If you want to get even more strict, you can get a animal stroller and take him on walks.

I think truthfully the harness will satisfy the urge to go out while still being protected. And that way you can direct him to where she should be going.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:39 PM
Cat Addict

You already have a cat door - can you expand on that and build him an outdoor enclosure? I have one accessed from a window, Although all my cats go out, the catio comes in handy. I'm sorry about your cat and glad he's recovering.

Last edited by marie73; 04-28-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page