9 week old kitten - holiday issues - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat

9 week old kitten - holiday issues

Ok it has been many years since we have had cats. The loss of our two girls was so bad we just did not have cats for a couple of years. A feral colony started in our local area and we have been feeding them to try to win their trust so they could be caught and neutered. Anyway one of the females had kittens around 5 weeks ago. Over the weekend guess who she brought the kittens to! So we now have three kittens in our garage. Mummy cat is being very obliging and is staying in the garage with them as long as us scary humans keep feeding her and keeping our distance from her. She is happy to let us play with the kittens and two are now happy to be with humans but the third is still scared of us. They even know how to use a litter tray - not bad going for having a feral mum!

Anyway we are falling for the two friendly kittens and hoping that in a few of weeks when they are around 9 weeks (or as long as the mum will tolerate humans being around her) we will take them as our pets. However we have a major problem. We are going on a week long big family holiday in four weeks time. This means there is no family around to look after the kittens. I have called the cat sitter we used last time but she says the kittens are too young to be left with only her popping in once a day. They cannot go to a cattery as they are too young to have had all their vaccinations.

Has anyone had this situation before and if so does anyone have any ideas? I don't like the idea of a stranger living in my house for a week and all my friends have their own cats/dogs.

Some photos of the fluff balls are attached.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190628_161921.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	124234  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190630_095519.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	124236  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I would first check with my vet. A lot of vet techs do pet sitting on the side or could possibly recommend someone to you. One of them might even take them in while you're gone. Be sure to have pictures on hand. Or there are places like Rover.com, which is what a friend uses for her dogs (but they cover all kinds of pets). There's also nextdoor.com (if you live in the U.S, not sure what part of the world you're from), where you might find someone in your own neighborhood that could stop in 3 times a day.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 07-02-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page