Litter Box Problems - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Litter Box Problems

Hi I’m new to the forum and I’m desperately looking for answers. I have 2 female cats, they are 4 years old. I adopted them as kittens and they are from the same litter. Our one cat has started pooping outside the litter box. She is still urinating in the box.
I feel like I’ve tried everything. I took her to the vet. He did bloodwork and everything. Nothing medically is wrong. We have 4 litter boxes. All varying in size with and without hoods. I’ve tried different locations. Different litters. I’ve tried the attractant litter and the stuff you sprinkle. I have the plug in pheromones. Still everyday she goes on the floor. It can be in the same room as a litter box or our bedroom or our living room. We don’t yell at her or punish her. I can tell by her face she feels bad.
I thought the other cat might be bullying her but now I feel like it’s just a habit.
I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any suggestions are appreciated, I just don’t know how much longer we can continue this. It breaks my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:27 PM
Jr. Cat

I'd try isolating her in a bathroom with a box that's lined with newspaper, but no litter in it. See if she'll use that. If she does, add some litter and see how that goes. (Maybe her sister interrupted her once too often while she was pooping.)

Does she strain a lot while pooping? If you think she might be constipated, try adding a few chia seeds to her wet food---maybe 1/4 teaspoon. Soak them first until they get sort of gelatinous.

If you haven't already, do a google search for the problem. I found several articles about it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 11:35 PM
Cat Addict

Is it possible that she is constipated? We’ve had constipated cats poop outside the box...

https://littlebigcat.com/health/constipated-cats/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page