Cat Forum banner

One cat aggressive after a big move

646 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  FluffyLove 
#1 ·
We moved our boys, Lemon and Pealer, who are 3 and 2, over 250miles from their only home. Lemon is now growling, hissing, and smacking Pealer who is really upset by the change in homes. Pealer just wants to cuddle and had a rough ride.

I put soft paws nail caps on them before the trip since I've never had issues with them. I didn't know he would be so scared of his kennel since never was before and he ripped out the nails on one front paw and broke a couple on the other. I'm sure I just need to give them a few days to settle, but is there something more I can do to prevent Lemon from being such a jerk to his brother?

I've used lots of rescue remedy, Zylkene, trying some CBD, and basic treats. Lemon was happy for food the whole ride. Pealer shut down and only wanted a little love. I'm keeping an eye on his feet, if they swell then we'll go to the vet. Everything is clean and dry and very little blood for the damage done.

They have a room set up for them with treats and toys and lots of hiding places. All stuff they've used before, so it smells like home.

Willing to try just about anything to help my boys through this.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Feliway hasn't done anything yet. I tried some CBD, which has helped Lemon walk past Pealer without doing anything. Pealer is still deep under the blankets and won't come out. He has stress hives and might have an infection starting in his claw. We'll see how it looks tomorrow; we put medicine on it. I might get some Benadryl for him.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.