Cat Forum banner

Behavior change concerns

550 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FluffyLove 
#1 ·
Gizmo is 11 years old and just lost his sister going on 2 weeks ago. She was 13. He has never known life without her.

Since her illness and death, he is very clingy and needy. He has always been our Velcro boy but now it’s extreme. Because we have always fed dry and allowed them to graze I don’t know exactly how much each one ate, although I measure and monitor total daily intake. Right now I would say he’s only eating about 1/4 cup per day. I should add that he is a Burmese and has never been a big cat. Definitely on the small size weighing 7-8# max. He drinks water. We have a glass on the bathroom vanity that they like and add fresh ice cubes twice daily. He drinks between 2-3 ice cubes worth daily. The biggest concern is that he has always been a very regular once a day pooper. Nicely formed, soft enough to hold litter. Since Abby died, he skips days and it’s small and hard.

Are these changes due, do you think, to the trauma of losing his companion? Our attention simply cannot compare to or replace that of Abby.

#2 ·
When my youngest went through losing his brother and sister in a shirt span of time, he stopped eating and his potty habits became irregular. He also became very clingy. It takes time for them to recover from the stress of losing their family members. As long as he's eating, which a 1/4cup is fine, and drinking he should get through this.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.