Behavior change concerns - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Question Behavior change concerns

Gizmo is 11 years old and just lost his sister going on 2 weeks ago. She was 13. He has never known life without her.

Since her illness and death, he is very clingy and needy. He has always been our Velcro boy but now itís extreme. Because we have always fed dry and allowed them to graze I donít know exactly how much each one ate, although I measure and monitor total daily intake. Right now I would say heís only eating about 1/4 cup per day. I should add that he is a Burmese and has never been a big cat. Definitely on the small size weighing 7-8# max. He drinks water. We have a glass on the bathroom vanity that they like and add fresh ice cubes twice daily. He drinks between 2-3 ice cubes worth daily. The biggest concern is that he has always been a very regular once a day pooper. Nicely formed, soft enough to hold litter. Since Abby died, he skips days and itís small and hard.

Are these changes due, do you think, to the trauma of losing his companion? Our attention simply cannot compare to or replace that of Abby.

Mom to Abby & Gizmo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Kitten

When my youngest went through losing his brother and sister in a shirt span of time, he stopped eating and his potty habits became irregular. He also became very clingy. It takes time for them to recover from the stress of losing their family members. As long as he's eating, which a 1/4cup is fine, and drinking he should get through this.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page