Cat Forum banner

cats not getting along

839 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  catloverami 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum but not new to cats. Currently I have a four year old male who I bottle fed and is spoiled and fat. This past year I acquired 4 more cats . All strays and now fixed and tamed and part of my home. A problem has developed between my orginal cat and one of the new male cats. They have a problem with getting along. They can't be in the same room together without fighting. So I have to keep them separated. All the others get along fine. This has been going on a year now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear after a year they still can't get along. Sometimes cats just can't stand another and never get over the grudge. Sometimes you can change it. If one cat likes to be up higher, the two can work it out. Perhaps your fat cat prefers to stay on on the floor, and if you have an additional cat tree, and put in some shelving higher up on the walls the other cat has an escape route and safety from the bully. They call if "catification" and there are books and videos about how to alter a room to make it better for cats in this type of situation. When you see them apart and behaving already reward the good behavior with a treat or two, so they connec that good things happen when they are near each other, or not fighting. All the best and hope you find something that works for these two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.