Cat Questions - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Cat Questions

I have a few questions about my cat. First off, he's a 1 year old domestic shorthair, this is my first cat so bear with me.
1. Sometimes when I go to pick my cat up, he bites me like he's saying "Don't touch me!" Then a few hours later, he allows me to pick him up and he curls around my neck and purrs or jumps on my lap and allows me to pet him. Why does he do that?
2. Sometimes my cat bites me, but it isn't a angry bite. He nibbles a little and then licks wherever he bit me. What's up with that?
3. How do I know my cat really loves me. Sometimes I think he hates me by the way he acts.
Thx! U can e-mail me @ [email protected] with ur answers. (I never check back on these forums! lol!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 05:18 PM

1) He probably just doesn't want to be picked up at that time. Pay attention to his body language and it'll help you judge whether he wants you to cuddle him or not.

2) He is showing you affection. My cats do that to me and to each other all the time. I think that they bite to let you know to hold your hand still while they lick you.

3) It sounds like your cat loves you if he curls around you neck, cuddles in your lap, purrs and lets you pet him. I wouldn't worry.

- koneko
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 05:21 PM

Re: Cat Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte_13
I have a few questions about my cat. First off, he's a 1 year old domestic shorthair, this is my first cat so bear with me.
1. Sometimes when I go to pick my cat up, he bites me like he's saying "Don't touch me!" Then a few hours later, he allows me to pick him up and he curls around my neck and purrs or jumps on my lap and allows me to pet him. Why does he do that?
2. Sometimes my cat bites me, but it isn't a angry bite. He nibbles a little and then licks wherever he bit me. What's up with that?
3. How do I know my cat really loves me. Sometimes I think he hates me by the way he acts.
Thx! U can e-mail me @ [email protected] with ur answers. (I never check back on these forums! lol!)

Not at all, we had just discussed this in another thread. The little love bites are cool. They do not mean anything is wrong. It means he is counting on you, this is the way they show affection.

My Ben doesn't like to be picked up unless it is his choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Thx, I have one more question. Is it true that guy cats like women more and girl cats like guys more?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:05 PM

Not at all. My male cat, Mouser is my husband's baby. He loves me too but he follows my husband around. Nori, one of my female kitties is my baby. She comes when I call her even when my husband is in the middle of petting her. Mouser sleeps on my husband's side of the bed and Nori sleeps on my side of the bed (sometimes she even lets me cuddle her like a teddy bear).

- koneko
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 06:00 PM

My cat usually licks my hands while I pet him. Especially when I stop, he's like "come on, pet me some more"

When I go to sleep, he always sleeps with me, usually resting next to me (next to the pillow) or at the end of the bed. The funny thing is that for the last two weeks he does something strange... He insists on sleeping under the covers, when he finds the smallest gap between the covers and the bed he tries to sneak in until he disappears!

He usually stays there even if I move around.

I would like your opinion in two things...

If this is dangerous to me in any way (my girlfriend always goes frantic about toxoplasmosis although I think that it is only dangerous when a pregnant woman is present)

and if it is dangerous to him, not because I may injure him on my sleep, (I always remove him after he takes a small nap), but because he seems a bit scared, ears folded, and eyes wide open during the first couple of minutes

I really thing he is happy while sleeping there, btw we have 5-6 Degrees Celcius here at an average winter's night, but I don't know if I should let him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page