My cat likes to use the doggy door. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

My cat likes to use the doggy door.

My cat has finally noticed that it also can fit threw the dog door. She is about 10 months old. I have had other cats in the past and have never liked them being outside. How do I prevent this from happening?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 03:28 PM

Lock your doggy door or take it down. Would you want to risk the chance of your cat getting out and not coming back? Has she ever been outside around your home before?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

She has been outside a few times. I have had the doggy door before I got my cat. She seems likes she really wants to go outside sometime. I can not lock the dog door because the dog needs to use it. The few times that I noticed that she has been outside cause the front door was open for a second or something she has always went outside for a second and came right back in. Everytime I see her trying to go out the dog door I tell her no and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 07:34 PM

Can't you just take down the doggy door and let your dog out on your own? If not that, you could slowly introduce your cat outside and let her use the doggy door as well.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 07:31 AM

Yeah, take down the door and let your dog outside by yourself.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

I can't take the door down. My step mother will not let that happen. She has the dog inside all the time but wants the dog to go out anytime it wants to. there no way of getting the door down I know that for sure. Only thing I can think of is keep telling my cat no when it goes outside.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 03:58 AM

Pet door

I remember a web site www.doors4pets.com or something like that which has this pet door with an electronic tag. The dog/cat wears an electronic tag on its collar and this operates the lock on the door. A dog/cat without the tag can't go through.

You could get this type of door and let the dog alone wear the tag. This way your cat can't use the door.

Hope it works.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 04:05 AM

Pet door

Try www.hitecpet.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page