Need some serious help, fast.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Need some serious help, fast....

i have had one cat in my life, she lived to be about 14 years old... all that we know is she died under my mom's truck, dont know she didnt look like she was hit by a car... anyway i'm getting side-tracked.

i have a cat named thatcher... thatcher is about 8 months old and he has started meowing in a weird way in my computer room. it has been suggested that he's in heat for lack of a better term... in a situation like this (our previous cat was spayed) do i let him out? is that the humane thing to do? i feel horrible that he is in here with this feeling he's never had before and wanting to get outside i guess.

he's only 8 months old and i'm not too sure about letting him out because he's never been outside before and i'm afraid he wont come back. i found him when he was a kitten just a few weeks old and not weaned yet on my porch in the cold meowing his little heart out. i'm pretty sure that he is in heat actually because i picked him up and saw you know what i mean...

what would you guys do in a situation like this? is he too young to go out? will he not come back? would you let him out?

i want to get him neutered but i'm waiting for his jaws to grow out... i dont want to take his testosterone away before he's done growing, i would hate to have a tiny looking male cat that isnt fully developed so i planned to wait a few more months. he's about ten pounds heavy now... anyways i need help... here is a recent picture of him...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Sol
Cool Cat

Don´t let your cat go outside before he´s neutered/spayed! Chances are good that he finds himself a girlfriend and nine weeks after the girlfriend gives birth to a litter. The responsible thing to do is to wait and get hi neutered/spayed first and then you can let him out.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 08:03 AM

I agree with Sol. Don't let him outside until he is neutered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

he is spraying his musk all over the house... omg...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 03:07 PM

Thats what happens when you don't spay/neuter your cats. Get him neutered I wouldn't wait for him to grow more unless you want to ruin your house with his potent spray. Keep him inside. Do you want your cat to have unwanted babies that will end up getting put down to sleep?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

i definately am going to neuter him, he wont have the babies, some female cat will haha j/k. i plan to neuter him and i wanted to wait but now i think i'm just going to do it. unfortunately i dont have the money to do it and wont until i get paid next month so it will be done around the 7th of june... poor kitty... i think he's done. four days of his spraying and i'm washing everything in the house haha... poor kitty..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page