"Evil" cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

"Evil" cat

My friend has a cat who's probably a couple years old, and the kitty likes attacking you. It grabs onto your arm (it's been declawed) and just hangs on and bites and attacks. When it did that to me I put it in the bathroom with the door closed for a time out but when it does that and my friends brother sees, he smashes the kitty to the ground and holds its head there until it meows.
I told him he can't do that and all the kitty wants to do is play so I try to discourage it and give it a shoe lace to play with because they dont have toys for it. Why does the kitty attack? It's a beautiful gray male and it's neutered and stuff. I used to babysit 2 little boys who had a cat that would do the same thing by biting my arm and I would have scars and the lady would just spray it with the spray bottle. It turns out the little boys would pull its tail and stuff so the cat would take it out on anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 10:12 AM

When the cat atacks, does he simply run over and attack, or are you first playing with it and then he becomes more rough? If you are playing with the cat, don't use your hand. Find a teddy bear or something for him to play with. Or does he attack when you are petting him?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

When you're playing with him he'll lay on his side suddenly and if you start petting him he'll attack your arm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 02:19 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
It could be that he's just playing. Kittens play really rough with one another. I used to let my cat do this to me. I know that's wrong, because it encourages the cat! Nevertheless, I think he's just playing. The spray or a firm "no" should help--or a small flick on the nose. (I guess you can't go get a spray bottle with a cat wrapped around your arm!)

What worries me is the way the cat is being disciplined. I know he's not your cat, but what your friend's brother is doing is abusive! I wish there were a way to stop that. That's cruel!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 02:31 PM

I'm sure you've seen two cats playing. They bite, roll around and attack each other. To me it sounds as if the cat is only playing. If you’re using your hand and playing, you’re basically mimicking another cat and your friend’s cat is playing back. Next time you play don't use your hand. Like I said before, use a teddy bear or something else. I agree with Jeanie. The way your friend is disciplining the cat sounds pretty rough. Have you said anything about it?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2003, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I have I was like "hey! you can't do that to it or it's only going to make it worse." i told him when the cat bites to get a toy for it to play with. the brother is only in 6th grade!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 11:12 AM

Well, smashing the cat down to the floor and pinning him doesn't help. The cat simply needs to be played with, and use toys instead of teasing with fingers or toes.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 02:29 PM

Yeah, Misty has certain times when she's friendly, and times when she wants to be left alone. At night, when it's bed time, she's like "leave me alone, it's time to sleep"....but during the day during naptimes, she wants to be held and cuddled.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

I'm babysitting this "evil" cat for a week so I'll be training this cat hehehe. This cat mostly attacks at night, so it could be he just wants to be alone but the thing is he'll come up and lay right in front of you so you pet him and he attacks. Silly cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page