Punching QT - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Punching QT

Today for the first time my QT hit my face with her front paw. She's 2 years old. We were playing sort of a hide and seek game. I didn't get angry but I stopped playing. Should I have scolded her immediately after?Does she now think it is okay to paw swipe my face? I saw my cousin hit her cat HARD when it did it to her. I don't hit my cats. My instincts tell me this is normal cat behavior & part of play. Am I right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Cats play with other cats that way, but I wouldn't allow ithat kind of play with you! She could accidentally hit your eye. Say NO firmly, and don't play closely in that position. I know it's good body language, but you can't take the chance of getting your eye hurt. She didn't mean to hurt you, but that doesn't matter; she could have.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

thank you Jeanie!I will be more careful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 07:23 PM
Premier Cat

Definitely worry about paw-eye contact but also make sure you dont have long whisps of hair flying around everywhere too ! My cats love swatting at my hair or loose string or anything flying around kind of. Although they were declawed when I got them, I never had to really worry about claws coming out but its just in their nature to swat in my opinion so just be careful about playing that closely
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you kitkat! I have short hair so no problem there,but I won't wear dangling jewelry for sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page