how to toilet trained - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

how to toilet trained

my kitten is already trained in a litter box how can i teach her how to go to the comfort room which she can pee or popooh! i mean her waste! and to flush?give some idea to this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:40 PM

i have never heard of a cat that p00ps in the toilet...

my sisters cat flushes the toilet... but doesnt actually use it.

how old are you? do your parents know you own a cat? lol
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:53 PM

You can train a cat to use the toilet, there are some people here on the forums that have posted pictures of their kitties going like that. Hopefully one of them will see this post!

I dont think a cat can flush though!!!!! It does not have thumbs!!! (Remember the movie Meet the Parents...haha.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:59 PM

my sisters cat flushes her toilet... its the funniest thing in the world. Are you implying that I am a liar and the cat does not flush the toilet???

Quote:
I dont think a cat can flush though
^^^ whats up with that??!??!??!?

anyways... my sisters cat reaches up standing on his two feet and pulls the handle down. I dont see why a cat would need thumbs to accomplish that??? (Meet The Parents is a comedy movie... not a cat documentary)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnson
my sisters cat flushes her toilet... its the funniest thing in the world. Are you implying that I am a liar and the cat does not flush the toilet???

Quote:
I dont think a cat can flush though
^^^ whats up with that??!??!??!?

anyways... my sisters cat reaches up standing on his two feet and pulls the handle down. I dont see why a cat would need thumbs to accomplish that??? (Meet The Parents is a comedy movie... not a cat documentary)
Bjohnson, I seriously hope you are joking!!! I will leave it at that, I will not turn this into a locked thread. I guess you didn't get my joke. Thanks.

Lemon, I think it was Bean that had a picture of his kitty going potty. Hopefully he will post! ****
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:17 PM

your humor flew right over my head.............................................. ...............................................

where is it funny to tell someone that what they just shared with you couldnt happen???

i just felt insulted cuz you made it sound like "cats can't flush a toilet but they can get potty trained" basically contridicting everything i said!~!!

you feel me?

im over it. dont use your admin powers on me please
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsgirl
I will leave it at that, I will not turn this into a locked thread.
^^^^^^^^^

Beannnnnnn....where are you???.. somebody with a potty-kitty??? Anyone???.......
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:34 PM

why do you feel you have to show me the pic in order to prove your point? and why do you feel you have a point to prove?

see the difference between me and you is that i BELIEVE YOU!!! YOU DONT NEED TO SHOW ME A PIC!!!! you just dont believe me that my sisters cat flushes the toilet...

are you 14??? why are you acting like this?

im over it... if i see you in a thread... im OUT!!! (too crazy for a FREAKIN CAT FORUM!!!)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:36 PM

^^^ there is your picture... lol

cr4zy 4ss!!!!!!!!!!111
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:37 PM

Training your cat to use a human toilet is an involved process that can take a while. I have seen the litterboxes that you put on top of the toilet at the start. I don't have any personal experience doing this, so I'll leave it to others to tell you the steps involved.

I know cats can definitely flush. Ginza does this from the floor and pressing down with his front paws too like BJohnson's sister's, or the preferred method is to jump up onto the water reservoir and step down on the lever with one paw. It definitely startles me when I think I'm the only one in the house.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that 1. I don't train my cats to use the toilet, they use litterboxes. 2. Ginza flushes for fun to amuse himself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page