cat had babies not father acts like he has rabies - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

cat had babies not father acts like he has rabies

I have 3 siamese cats. 2 males and one female. The female had her litter last night while i was out of town. When i got home the female was acting fine and one male was acting fine. The other male however acts like he has rabies. His aggression is really bad, i had to put him in a cat carrier because he was fighting with the female and the other male. Anyone know why he is acting this way and if it will go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Premier Cat

The female is prob coming into heat again.
You need to keep her away from both your males or they will mate her as soon as she is in season, which can be from right away to a few weeks later.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

He is not acting like he wants to mate.. he is acting like he wants to rip her head off. If i can get my camera to upload video to my laptop ill make a video and post it so everyone can see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 05:11 PM

Hmmm The queen really should have been seperated from the others in preparation for giving birth, definitely not left with two intact males with kittens and an impending season.

I would isolate her to her own room for the whole kittening process. If you were not there when she gave birth, she could have even been mated again, poor girl.

How old are they all? The male may just be feeling confused and aggressive towards the kittens, and maybe its possible the queen could have attacked him in defence when you weren't there?

Ems
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Cool Cat

The queen definitely needs to be separated from the two intact males right now, if not sooner. Not only could she go into heat and mate again (if that hasn't already happened), but it's possible that one of the males could harm or kill the kittens in order to mate. A Queen, kittens, and two intact males living in close quarters is a bad situation.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:26 PM

No Offense, but....uuuhmm.....duh!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudewife
two intact males
ouch!!

Tim
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudewife
two intact males
ouch!!

Tim
Well yeah, there are some rather obvious questions that are in my mind here, but I'd rather concentrate on getting the males away from the queen ASAP (though while the kittens are nursing would definitely be a good time to get both of the males neutered).
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Banned

I was just reacting from the male point of view to professional language for a un-neutered boy cat

Tim
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
No Offense, but....uuuhmm.....duh!
Exactly what I wanted to say in the first place! Sorry, but anyone who doesn't know what they are doing should not be breeding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page