toilett drinking...strange behavior - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

toilett drinking...strange behavior

1 of my cats, Graice drank from the toilett a couple of times when she was a kitten. why did she do that? it was very strange behavior...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Banned

~Kitty~

Some cats will drink whatever water they can get at. I think it would be a good idea just to start closing the toilet lid all the time so your kitty can't get in there. And check the water bowl several times during each day to make sure there is plenty of fresh, clean water available.

Have fun with your kitty!!

Tim
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 AM

One of my cats will resort to toilet drinking if I don't change the water in their bowls three times a day. FRESH, cool water is what they are after!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 11:27 AM

Otis will drink from the toilet regardless of whether there's fresh water or not... I fill a water bowl right beside the toilet to stop him, and he drins from it then jumps up and continues his drink out of the toilet. I bought a fresh flow fountain to always keep the water cool and fresh, and he drinks from that, but still likes the toilet water too. The only way i can stop him is to lower the lid
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

yeah, i know. i did that. this happened almost 2 years ago, i just wanted to know why!

~Kitty~
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kitty~
yeah, i know. i did that. this happened almost 2 years ago, i just wanted to know why!

~Kitty~
Because they can!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 03:19 PM

Is there any products that can keep the water replenished and cold? Maybe a stupid question, but sort of like the portable office water dispensers you see around.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Premier Cat

Maybe a kitty water fountain like the Drinkwell. I'm not positive if those things keep running AND keep the water cool or if is just like a running water mill
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_kisses
Otis will drink from the toilet regardless of whether there's fresh water or not... I fill a water bowl right beside the toilet to stop him, and he drins from it then jumps up and continues his drink out of the toilet. I bought a fresh flow fountain to always keep the water cool and fresh, and he drinks from that, but still likes the toilet water too. The only way i can stop him is to lower the lid
Sabby does this too. Except when I lower the lid, he starts crying that loud, obnoxious siamese yowl. He won't stop until I raise the lid again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page