HELP!!! CATPEEE IN MY BED?!?!?!? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

HELP!!! CATPEEE IN MY BED?!?!?!?

WHY WOULD A CAT JUST START TO URINATE IN MY BED?? WE HAVE BROUGHT IN A STRAY CAT BECAUSE THE WEATHER STARTED GETTING COLDER. HE HAS BEEN FIXED BY PREVIOUS OWNERS AND WE EVEN PAID $200 FOR A SURGERY THAT HE NEEDED ON HIS TAIL. HE IS INSIDE 1/2 THE TIME AND OUTSIDE 1/2 THE TIME.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIM FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS. HE HAS A LITTER BOX THAT HE ALWAYS USES. OVER THE COURSE OF 3-4 MONTHS WE HAVE AWAKEN TO WET FEET ABOUT 3 TIMES. I AM SO UPSET BECAUSE EACH TIME THIS HAPPENS I END UP PAYING $40 TO HAVE MY FEATHER BED DRY CLEANED. HE DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE HOUSE (THAT I KNOW OF) OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. I AM NOT A BIG CAT LOVER AND DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM BUT I FELT SORRY FOR HIM.

WE HAVE GIVEN HIM A GOOD HOME BUT I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THAT. ANY SUGGESTIONS BEFORE HE HEADS OFF TO THE THE LOCAL HUMANE SOCIETY?? I AM AT THE END OF MY ROPE AND DO KNOW THAT ONCE YOU GET THE SMELL IN YOUR HOUSE/CARPET IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET RID OF. I ALSO HAVE A DOG WHICH GETS ALONG WITH HIM FINE. THEY SLEEP CUDDLED UP TOGETHER. SO PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE BEFORE HIS HAPPY HOME IS DISRUPTED!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Cool Cat

My first suggestion would be to have the vet look at him to make sure that he doesn't have a urinary tract problem (infection, crystals). There's always a reason when a cat suddenly starts having litterbox issues.

Once you've ruled out physical problems, try adding an extra litterbox, perhaps with a different type of litter or using CatAttract (makes litter more appealing to cats). He may not like his litter, the location of the litterbox, or a variety of things, but try the extra box first. See if you can get an eznyme cleaner to use on the bed, as once a cat urinates in a place, the scent left will make him choose to urinate there again (and normal cleaning doesn't necessarily remove the scent. It may make it so you can't smell it, but he may still be smelling it).

Also, try reading "Litterbox Secrets" in the free article library at www.littlebigcat.com for more information.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Banned

Kim - Please don't use all uppercase. It looks like you're shouting.

Thanks...

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Jr. Cat

first calm down, then .........

think it maybe UTI, which is very treatable by a vet. What type of food do you feed? The cheaper food usually contributes to UTI. It may be a behavior problem, anything new happen lately? something scary? The general rule is at least one litter box for each cat, sometimes you may need more for some cats, and it needs to be cleaned daily or more. Taking a cat to the humane sociey should be the last thing you do. Also for cat pee you will need special cleaners for it that is sold at pet stores. Good luck cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page