shyness - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

shyness

hi

my kitten has been with me for 4 months now, and is overall, 7 months old.
She has gotten used to all the family members, my room, and the playroom, but still doesnt seem to want to go downstairs. She's also VERY VERY shy. she loves to be with me but when i come into the room, will run away in fright! then she comes to be petted. but its getting a bit annoying now, because i want her to be a friendly cat, and i want her to be able to go around the whole house. I want to see her everywhere! PLEASE HELP! i neeeed her to be friendly!!!!

-thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Banned

why do you neeeed her to be friendly? why don't you accept her as she is? every cat has their own personality, just like every human. just love her the way she is. you already say she gets along with you and every one in your family. plenty of people would be very happy with that!

Tim
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

i know she cant change her personality and i do love her very much. I just want to know how I can encourage her to explore the rest of the house and to be familiar with the whole house. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

kittykat44 -- ok, I guess I was a little tough on you.

why don't you try playing with her, using interactive cat toys, starting in the room she's most familiar with, and then while playing start moving into the rest of the house. that way she'll get used to the rest of the house while she's doing something she enjoys doing with a person she enjoys playing with. it associates the rest of the house she's been reluctant to go into with a positive experience.

let us know how it works.

Tim
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

thanks

also, ive noticed that she is reluctant to go downstairs because of the stairs!

i know she can because she's done it before, but when she reaches the stairs, she starts crying for me... soo, it might be the reluctance, or a fear of stairs. (they are carpet stairs, and arnt hard or anything...) hmm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page