My cat is very attached to me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

My cat is very attached to me

We found my cat under my dad's car about a year and a half back and we took her in. ("we" being my step-mom and I) She slept in my lap that night while I played cards at a table. I think that's when she became attached to me because when I got up to get a drink I let my step-sister hold her. She wailed and stared at me the whole time I was up. She only wanted me to hold her. She's been like that ever since. I only go to my dad's every 2 weekends. She stays in my step-sister's bedroom when I'm not there, and in mine when I am. If I don't go straight to her when I get there, she'll hear my voice and start wailing so loudly that you can hear it throughout the whole house. (trailer-house to be exact) She dislikes pretty much everyone except me.

Sometimes we have to lock her in the bedrooms if there's a door open in the living room because we don't want her to run outside and get hit. If I go in my room while she's in there and I try to walk out she wraps her arms around my leg or meows at me. Sometimes she's ok by herself, like when I walk in the room and she's asleep on my bed. She won't stop me from leaving, she'll just sleepily watch me as I do whatever it is I went in there to do and fall asleep again once I leave.

I was just wondering if she is TOO attached to me, because I'm only there a few days out of the month. Should I be worried?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

No.

Tim
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
MA

Ohhh - that sounds so cute. I think you'll be OK and she'll be OK. She just picked you out of everyone as the favorite. I have one cat out of 3 that totally favors me over my husband. Cries and whines and gets under my feet when I walk. I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 PM

Awe.....No chance your Mom will let you bring her home to her house?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page