Willard howls in the kitchen at night - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Willard howls in the kitchen at night

The weirdest thing. His food and water are full, he's neutered, its 2am, and he's howling/singing at the top of his little lungs.

its like "owwww wooooow ow wooow ooow"

always in the kitchen.

what the ****?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Jr. Cat

can he be howling to the moon(jk)

can he be lonely? do you have any other cats for him to play with? Do you have mice? Maybe there has been mice around there and this is his way of letting you know? Is he bored? I don't know. My cat will walk around meowing with toys at his feet or in his mouth(doen't ask , I don'tknow how he does it) , as if to say I am lonely come and play with me...............
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Re: can he be howling to the moon(jk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover7731
can he be lonely? do you have any other cats for him to play with? Do you have mice? Maybe there has been mice around there and this is his way of letting you know? Is he bored? I don't know. My cat will walk around meowing with toys at his feet or in his mouth(doen't ask , I don'tknow how he does it) , as if to say I am lonely come and play with me...............
i highly doubt there are mice, they wouldn't stand a chance with him around. lol. he's been doing that since he was a tiny kitten, and it's been a ritual.

when he does it, i always call his name, in case he thinks he's lost. our bedroom door is always open, and we have 2 other cats...

you know what though, and this just dawned on me, he loses toys under the stove sometimes... maybe thats why?

i think he might just be a big weirdo. lol!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Banned

that's the sound of a boy-cat who wants something. what does he want? good question. probably at that time of day he wants some action. maybe you could get one of those battery-operated cat toys for him to play with at night. else tire him out with some active interactive play before your bedtime, so's he's tired out and more likely to be quiet at night.

if all else fails, get him a playmate!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:42 AM
MA

How young is he? One my cats did that when he was a kitten at about 3 months. I picked him up and put him in bed with me and it stopped. He slept like that with me for the next 5 years of his short life. Hubby didn't mind - from there on he was considered our furbaby son.) He's been the only cat that ever slept like that or with us for that matter.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

willy is 1 year and 3 months. he's a very active cat, especially around the time we're going to bed.

he's ALWAYS got our attention. lol.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:18 PM

Riley wails like that when he sees an intruder in the garden out of the window. Maybe a strange cat is coming into your garden every night at 2am?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_pen
Maybe a strange cat is coming into your garden every night at 2am?
that is very possible. i live in chicago, and the amount of stray cats is probably about the same as the amount of rats. its sad, but all of our strays look fat and happy, as strange as it sounds. *shrugs*

but that could be what is happening.

is there any possibility he might be "lost" in the kitchen?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Cat Addict

You should test your theory. Block the way under the stove with something like books or a rolled up blanket (after pulling out previously lost toys of course), and see if he still cries at night.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 06:42 PM

Have you tried leaving the stove-top light on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page