Bad Boy!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
blt

Bad Boy!!

I've been reading a lot of things here on the forum but this is my first time to write. My boy cat (8 mon.) is peeing on my bed. I called the vet he said behavior problem... after a few times of this I had him tested for an infection- No infection! I read another topic but the kitten was only 10 weeks old I think this may be a little diffrent! I change everything on the bed and he does it again over and over I put a litter box neer my bed I changed litter I have two litter boxes. We haven't moved, no new animals. Does anyone have any advice my husband said were going to have to find him a new home I cry when I think about that. He doesn't want to let him go either but my goodness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Is it only your bed?

If you're completely sure there isn't a health issue, you may want to simply keep him away from your bed for a little while. If at all possible, close the door and keep him out of that room.

Does he go in his box at all? If so, praise him and give him treats every time he uses the box so he knows its a good place to go.

That's about all I can think of. Good luck with it though!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned

did it soak through the sheets & covers? there may still be urine scent on there he can smell, which tells him it's OK to go there. there are special enzyme cleaners sold in pet stores that get rid of that residual scent. maybe that will help, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Senior Cat

To be honest, I'm very concerned that your vet said that it was behavioral without looking at him first. When you called, he should have told you to bring him in immediately! It also may not be an infection, it could be crystals in his urine.

I agree with Tim and you definately need to treat your bed with an enzymatic cleaner. But I also think you should get a second opinion on your cat's health. If you vet was so quick to say it's behavioral, he/she may not have checked for all the different things it could be.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
blt

Can I treat any area with the enzyme treatment that has urine on it? My husband and I will take him for another visit to see a new vet. Should I ask about crystals in his urine? I have only had two cats in my life who were both girls- I guess I was kinda thinking this could just be a boy problem. I hope it's not and I in a way would like for a vet to tell me something treatable. Thank you for your ideas! We will do somemore invistagation.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Banned

you would have to check the label on the cleaner for precautions; normally they suggest you test it on a small area first for color-fastness. both boy cats and girl cats can have urination problems, but boy cats are more susceptible.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 05:39 PM

This excat thing is going on with my cat right now. He is male and 8 months old. Two nights in a row he pee'd on our bed. The second time he almost pee'd right on me! I called the vet the very next morning and we brought him in. He gave me antibotics to give to him. I have as dosed been giving it to him. I just dont trust him in my bedroom anymore. The vet said it would be perfectly 'OK' to keep the cat in the basement(thats where he food and litter box are) until we A. got him neutured or B. he stopped the behavoir. I dont at t he moment have the money to get him neautred. We had bought some enzyme cleaner when we house broke my german short hair. I checked and its for both cats and dogs. I covered! the bed with it, plus Clorox fresh care fabric refresher. My husband gets very ill from the smell of the litter box or cat urine in genral. I'm terrified to let him out for more than a few hours at a time. I dont want a repeat of what happend. I'm very sad because I have grown very close to this cat in the 6months we have had him.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
blt

Well, we took him to a new vet today and he had to stay quite sometime so they could express him to get the urine out. The vet offered some antibiotics but I don't want to use them unless he has an infection. I cleaned our bed with natures miracle. The vet is also doing some blood work because his urine came back, good. for the time he can't go in the bedroom although I miss him alot at night! Thanks for your reply I'll let you know about his bloodwork.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Senior Cat

I would point a fan on the bed when you are not in it. It can take up to 2 weeks for it to completely dry, even if it seems dry to you. And until it is dry, don't let your cat near the spot.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 01:02 AM

Try using Cat Attract cat litter. It's guaranteed to work or your money back, the label says. I've heard some great success stories about this litter but I've never had a reason to use it, as it is very expensive and my girls don't have a urinating problem.
Also, is it possible to keep your bedroom door closed? Maybe he would stop peeing on your bed if it wasn't an option for him to go in there.

Does your cat seem in pain when she urinates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page