Get ready to rumble - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Get ready to rumble

My cat and dog seem to love fighting with each other. The cat has all his claws and gets the dog pretty good. But its our dense dog that always seems to go after him. Two things... first should I deture these two from wresting with each other AND Second.... last night my dog was nibbling the cat.. hmm I dont know how else to describe it, like how dogs itch with their teeth. He was doing that to the cat and the cat started to purr like crazy and rolling over on to his back more and rubbing his head on the dog. This freaked the dog out so he nipped at him to start another wrestling session but the cat wasnt intrested anymore and swatted at him and ran away to his bed which is under our futon so the dog cant get at him. It was bizzare. This morning they are acting like themselves again wrestling like normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Banned

It sounds from your message that this is all play behavior and nobody's getting hurt. If this is the case, I wouldn't worry about it. It would be good to keep an eye on it, so if it escalates into something more, you can separate them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Cool Cat

We call the dog nibbling "Nya Nya" after the sound our Boxer made while doing it. It sounds like your cat loves it; now all the cat has to do is get it through that thick dog skull that the cat really enjoys it

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 04:08 AM

My dogs and cats act the same way daily and they love it - its just normal rough and tumble play. They're best friends!

Ems x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page