my new cat makes 3 but.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

my new cat makes 3 but....

Is three a crowd? I know if someone else was posting this, i would answer back and say "it probably will just take some time", but all of a sudden i am nervous. I just got "kitten" today and jack and Mum are quite upset. I did the wrong this by having them all together for a while, well for about 2 hours, and obviously that didn't work. i now have the kitten in the bedroom, and jack and mum have the rest of the apartment. would it be cruel to put the kitten in the bathroom tonight with his litter box a bed and some food? I can't keep him in the bedroom because mum sleeps on the bed with me everynight, and i do not want to make her feel like she is losing HER space. but also, do you think that they will all get along where there is three and not say 2 or 4? I know some vets have said that and even amount is better than and odd. I am very happy that i got him, but i hope i didnt make a mistake. I dont want any of them to feel left out or uncomfortable. How long does this getting used to take on average?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Banned

Re: my new cat makes 3 but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissaandcats
Is three a crowd?
No.

Quote:
I did the wrong this by having them all together for a while
Yes, start over again the right way. Lots of posts here about how to, and articles on the net as well.

Quote:
would it be cruel to put the kitten in the bathroom tonight with his litter box a bed and some food?
No.

Quote:
I know some vets have said that and even amount is better than and odd.
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!

Quote:
I am very happy that i got him, but i hope i didnt make a mistake.
I'm glad! No, you didn't.

Quote:
How long does this getting used to take on average
could be 4 days, could be 4 weeks, could be 4 months. Just do it right, and be patient
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oh Tim, You're always here to help me!! Thank you soo much!
And tomorrow i will post his pics. I will tell you this.. I don't know what size i was really expecting him to be but he is small. And also, what i didnt know about him until today was that, and i dont no if this is bad, but his mother was a diabetic cat and then stopped producing milk and thats why the lady at the shelter said he was small. in quotes she said hes had a rough upbringing so far. But the other two kittens from his litter died. Im a little on edge about that right now. He seems ok i guess. And oh geez i cant believe i am gunna write this without sounding like a complete idiot but his "back end" is pretty red and he stinks!!! lol- thats gross i know, but its been a while with a kitten in the house! But like i said before, i am quite paranoid. I just hope there isnt any problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Banned

Melissa - you are far more gracious than I am. My response was pretty curt. But it was late, past my bedtime, I was tired, and I wanted to make sure you had at least one response yet last night, so I'm happy you took it well.

About your new kitty's "red back end", I assume you're telling us his anus looks red and inflamed. This doesn't sound too good, and I hope you'll take him to the vet soon. It's always a good idea to take a new cat to the vet for a complete checkup anyway.

I think things will work out good for you. It's often frustrating at first. But you have two excellent companions who will be with you for a long time. Just do the best you can, and it will be worth it!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Cool Cat

keep us updated, post pics and take him to the vet for a good once-over. he could have a host of issues, if he came from a shelter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page