Two Steps Forward - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Two Steps Forward

One step back.

I spend way too much time analyzing Thomas and Kitty's behavior, but I can't help it. One month ago, Thomas and Kitty would eat together at the same bowl at the same time on a regular basis. But they wouldn't sleep together much comfortably (Kitty would always have her eyes open and would run away if Thomas would so much as blink). Also, Kitty would never go lay next to Thomas, he would always be the one to lay next to her.

Well lately, they refuse to eat out of the same bowl at the same time, in fact if Thomas comes near Kitty's food, she'll abandon it.

Also, they seem to be fighting more. I've been breaking up the fights cause they're driving me nuts! But they seem to be bugging each other more.

Then again, Kitty is frequently laying down next to Thomas, if he got to the good bed first. And she really sleeps. Right now, they are laying together...kinda spooned together with Thomas resting his head and paw on Kitty's back!!! It's SO cute. They're both out cold. This is like the 15th time I've seen them sleeping so cute in the past two weeks.

So, I think we're making progress here, but I'm confused about the steps backward - the bowl thing and the increased fighting.

But, hope springs eternal...I think they may be becoming friends...maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Banned

I think it's pretty normal behavior for a girl cat to defer to a boy cat at the food bowl. Mine does it. And I've heard of others who do it. Just put down one bowl for each. Then watch the fun. They swap bowls! Boy cats are soooooo jealous!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:45 AM
MA

Oh you are so right Timskitties about boy cats. They can get prettty jealous. My male cat One EAr is even a new addition to the family and he won't let the 2 female cats near me. And when my husband sits next to me while watching TV, One Ear stares my husband down as if he's saying to him to move!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

It doesn't seem that Thomas is jealous. More like he is oblivious. He'll eat at his dish for a bit, then go over and stick his head in with Kitty's and eat at her dish...kind of like...hmmm....what do you have?

Last month, it was so cute! Because Kitty would just ignore him and they'd both be eating out of the same dish, heads kinda mashed together.

Now, Thomas does the same thing, but Kitty reacts like he's ruined her dinner and leaves.

I've kinda fixed it by putting Kitty's dish in a corner and Thomas' behind her. When he comes over to her dish and she leaves, her route out of the kitchen takes her past his bowl...so now she stops and starts eating his food, which is just fine since they have the same food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page